“Time For A More Recent Review”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
Pittsville, Maryland
“Time For A More Recent Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

What can I say except......."Simply the best North Jersey has to offer.
From the housman cleaning the floor to the front desk to the food and beverage staff. All were pleasant, helpful and truly cared to make my stay the best it could be.

The food was tremendous, I especially loved the chef's specials. The breakfast buffet is top notch. Fresh food, and a great staff.

The rooms were comfortable, clean (no VERY CLEAN) with all the modern amenities.

....and if your a shopper, it is located right at the mall!!

Again simply the best, I will not stay anywhere else when traveling to North Jersey.

• Liked — The confortable rooms, indoor pool and the great food!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2007

I stayed at the Hitlon Garden Inn in Rockaway in the first week of August for a 3 day business trip. It was about a 30 min. taxi ride from the Newark airport. First impression it is very airy an open with very nice decor in the lobby. I had a very fast check in and my room was nicely spacious. The room had all the amenidies for a traveler or extended stay person. The room and bathroom were very clean and fresh smelling. The AC kept the room comfortable cool during the 98o weather we were having. I had a smoking room by choice, but was happy to know when I came back for the evening the room service had refreshed it every night. My view was not very interesting. A structural part of the hotel blocked my window view, but the only view is the local Rockaway Mall. Shopping is abundant since you have the Rockaway Mall about 15 minute walk from the hotel. I had the breakfast and room service while I stayed. The breakfast has a wonderful selection. The dining area is small but has 24 hour tv to catch up on the news while you dine. The dinner menu had a nice variety and I have forgoten how large the portions are in the North. The offer american favorites as well as having monthly special dishes to choose from. Entrees go from 13.99 - 21.99. I recommend the Chili Bread Bowl and the Cajun Chicken Pasta! The first nights stay the restaurant was not open so I had to order delivery and it took them nearly an hour to get it there. The front desk attendant (I beleive his name was Paul) called the restaurant for me and confirmed my order and notified me they were on their way. A service I well appreciated. I enjoyed the convienence of a large indoor pool, hot tub, small workout room and the business center to check my daily emails. I very much recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again if travel is expected.

• Liked — Food, front desk service, amenities
  • Disliked — view from rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in Rockaway this past weekend. This is a fairly new hotel in the area. It is in the same complex as the Rockaway Townsquare Mall and a bunch of other megastores, which seemed to have sprouted up out of nowhere since I was last in town. The hotel was clean, which is my main concern when traveling. My one complaint is that we stayed in a no-smoking room but it smelled like somebody was smoking right next door. All of the rooms on the floor were non-smoking, but somebody was smoking a lot nearby during our the entirety of our stay. Don't get me wrong, our room didn't smell stale or of cigarettes. It smelled like somebody was actually smoking in a nearby vicinity. Other than that, everything was really nice and very clean. I would definitely stay at the Hilton again.

Newton, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2007

I went online to book a room for my husband and I's One Year Anniversary. I saw that there was a smoking "Evolution Room" available. Perfect! Comes with a big screen flat screen TV and other great amenities. I called directly to book because I felt more comfortable doing it over the phone and the woman got me the same room i saw on the internet. "Evolution Room" Smoking with the big flat screen TV. I was so happy..and i planned a movie night in the room for me and my husband. When we got to the hotel and checked in the guy said "OK heres your key your on the 3rd floor in the executive room" " Executive Room?? I thought we were supposed to be in an evolution room? He claims that the only difference is the big TV, and here I am thinking thats the only reason I paid an extra $30 bucks! He also said that there is no smoking in any of there evolution rooms..so why on the website did it come up with smoking Evolution room...and the woman on the phone said smoking evolution room!! I'm not one to complain but I was pretty upset. Not to mention we got charged 10 bucks for a trial of their TV music stations. What a rip. And why arent their staff writing back to these posts? I saw on the Virginia Hilton gardens reviews that someone from the Hilton writes back to every review....Hmmm. Jersey sucks?

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — not having a room that we were told we would have..and having no one care..and over charge us anyway.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Chesterton, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2007

I was at the Hilton Garden for two months for business and felt 'at home' even though I was gone from home so long. The staff was friendly and very attentive throughout my stay. The chief always remembered 'my meal' every morning and started to prepare it as I walked into the restraunte. Another huge plus was the great 'house keeping' service. Anytime that I had them clean my room, they would reorganize the whole room and even layed out my bathroom supplies (toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving cream, ect.) very nicely. I even came back a few times and my clothes were all folded up and nice shirts hung up in the closet. That was very nice with the long time I was here.

The only things that this hotel lacks even though they are very small details but there is no real 'bar' and the restraunte is pretty small. Also, the workout room is tight with only a few pieces of equiptment for the size room. Again, very small details but with the length of stay that I was there it would have helped.

Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially on a business trip. They make you feel home away from home.

• Liked — Friendly and accommodating service & housekeeping.
  • Disliked — Lack of sports bar in restaurant and workout equiptment.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2005

On business travel, I had occasion to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway twice in June. I am returning there at the end of October. The hotel is clean and well managed. There was only one complaint I had, which was that I was assigned a smoking room on arrival, but due to allergies I had to switch to a different room. The front desk personnel were very nice about it and promptly got me another room, which turned out highly satisfactory. The proximity to a multitude of stores is very handy and I found several interesting and different items during both visits. The hotel makes my trips to the area very pleasant. The staff are always very nice and welcoming. Also, the cookie is great, as well as the free magazines at the front desk. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2005

MY boyfriend and I were visiting from Florida for a wedding and were extremely happy that we were able to stay here. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were more than adequate in size. The staff was more than helpful( especially a girl by the name of Danielle was was also super friendly). I would be more than happy to stay at any HGI anytime!!!

1 Thank Melissa S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ramada Rockaway
Ramada Rockaway
#2 of 2 in Rockaway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!