“Nice stay, nice hotel but could use some improvements...”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
“Nice stay, nice hotel but could use some improvements...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was a guest here for 3-nights while on business. It is located directly next to a mall and a few strip malls which for me was okay because I enjoy shopping, however, there wasn't much else to do. Only a few restaurants (a sports bar/wing joint sits directly behind it) but not a big selection as far as food or entertainment goes which made for a quiet but somewhat dull 3 nights. The room was decent & had free wi-fi, a mini fridge & a microwave but a pretty slim selection of television channels. The bed was fairly comfortable but I felt like there was some kind of lump in the mattress that I had to work around. More disturbing to me though was that there were hairs (not mine) in my bathroom floor, counter and on every "fresh" bath towel except one. I used that one good towel and put the rest on the floor & didn't mention it figuring after a days cleaning & a new set of towels the problem would be solved. Unfortunately it wasn't until day 3 of my stay. Besides this, the rest of the service was great- front desk very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Samara35

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Terrell, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway for the first time. The staff was the friendliest people in the whole state of New Jersey. The hotel was very clean and quite. I had a good experience during my 4 day stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway on numerous occasions while on business travel and have always found the staff to be most welcoming and professional. They are quick to meet any need you may have, even to handle the little things like directions, reservations, or dinner recommendations.

The restaurant on site is great addition after a long day, with excellent food and service.

The health facility and the pool are always clean, and I have never found a guest room that wasn't perfectly prepared.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to this area, whether for business or personal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had an amazing time at this hotel great food, service and rooms. But I was on the first floor rooms which is only 1 hallway right next to the pool. I arrived at this hotel at around 9 PM. I entered the hallway wich has a very heavy door u must enter. Like i said this hallway was near the pool and the ballroom. As i walked in i felt very heavy energy in my heart it just strated beating fastly so i juat ran to my room wich wasnt to far down and closed the door. As i attemted to go to sleep i saw a figure in my mirror. I quikly ran out of my room all the way down the hallway which lead to the stairs i felt a pain in my chest so i fell to the ground as i got back up i ran i noticed a bowl outside a room a looked back and there was no bowl but a spoon i could have sworn it was abowl as i waked up the stairs. All White Spiral Stairs as if it were in a horror movie. That whole night i couldnt sleep so i remained in the lobby for the rest of the night with no sleep for my metting tomorrow. I would rexommend the hotel but not the first floor rooms.

Room Tip: First floor must if ur a ghostbuster
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Rockaway Hilton Garden Inn was one of the nicest we ever stayed in. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff very friendly. The room was larger than expected and very quiet. We will definitely stay there again! We had an awesome experience, cant say one bad thing about the hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway, NJ is conveniently located in the midst of every shopping facility you can fancy. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. On our first morning downstairs for complimentary breakfast my husband and I were greeted to bright smiling faces always asking how we doing. We had a room that was close to the elevator and I thought that maybe the noise from traffic in that area would be a problem but it was so not. If you're looking for a place that's clean, with a pool, friendly, helpful and courteous staff...stay here!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with great service, rooms and a genuine and friendly staff! We would definitely return. We had had car trouble that evening on the way back from a skiing trip and the manager was kind enough to allow us to use the hotel phone and call a number of taxis which he listed for us and helped us to sort out the best prices for a ride back to Manhattan. The manager was so kind and helpful & provided us with great advice in regards to our car trouble. In the end, we stayed at the hotel for the night and arranged travel in the morning. We had a great stay, as the rooms are clean, sizable and the hotel, nicely equipped with the necessary amenities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ramada Rockaway
Ramada Rockaway
#2 of 2 in Rockaway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!