“Warm friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here to go to a local holiday party.. we stayed there two nights... The room was nice. the bed was nice, it has those adjustable firmness buttons on the sides of the mattress which i liked... The maid service was great. the maid actually folded some of my husbands clothes! in the bathroom she arranged some of the mess we left. like our toothbrushes, hair products etc.. we stayed on the 5th floor. the desk put us there because there was some kids party going on there.. the lobby was decorated beautifully. we didn't get room service, and we missed the breakfast in the morning.they closed the restaurant at 11:00 in the morning. im not sure what the deal is to get room service after that if you need.. perfect place to stay if your traveling... there is a mall right next to the hotel that the anchor stores are jc penney and macys...

Room Tip: As always i ask for a quiet room on the top floor away from the mahem..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Standard fare Hilton Garden Inn, well appointed and modern. Rooms were large enough, and the staff were friendly enough. Breakfast was included, full cooked, so that's a bonus! I paid USD$139.15 for the night, which I thought was reasonable for NJ, out in the sticks. There is a large shopping precinct nearby which you can take full advantage of.

My only minor gripe is that I had cigarette smoke coming in to my room from someone in an alongside room somewhere. It was my problem though, as I should have reported it to management but didn't...I was too tired.

I would certainly stay here again, quite happy with it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is great! I really enjoyed my stay here. I was here for two nights while on business in the area. The staff is very friendly and kind. The hotel is easy to locate, right off of Route 80. There is a shopping mall and many smaller shopping centers within walking distance.

The food is good. I had a breakfast omelet and bacon, and chicken tenders for dinner one night. Both good! There is a pool and gym as well.

I'd stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This Hotel is perfectly located for anyone but especially for myself, being a local with no power(which means the well doesn't pump water) after Hurricane Sandy I knew exactly where I'd go. The staff has been so friendly and helpful even with the guests that may let their tempers get the best of them during a stressful time. The only issue I have is at one point I had to switch rooms(not a big deal, totally understand) but I may have left something behind and trying to find out if it was found is proving to be rather difficult, everytime I call/ask housekeeping is on the floor or left for the day and no one asked them. I'm sure the phone chrager will turn up eventually its just a slight inconvenience not having it now.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn at the Rockaway Mall provides a pleasant atmosphere and convenient access to highways and shopping. My room was clean and I enjoyed the manager's reception. I will certainly stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lewf
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Really nice and sweet place plus its close to the Rockaway Mall, near the high way the room is clean and reasonably priced, we had a great time and fun. the restaurant they have also have a good food and fast service which we liked for breakfast and lunch, we shall be back we liked this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky R
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed there this past Saturday night. The room was fine, but the breakfast buffet was the worst! Where do they get off charging $11.99 for that. We have had been complimentary buffets at other hotels (Quality Inn, Holiday Inn). The mushy scrambled eggs, dried out sausage and soggy french toast were not worth the price. All four of us agreed, next time (if there is) we'll go to a dinner!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ben Z, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent experience with our hotel and breakfast buffet. I am glad to hear you found your room comfortable. I understand that you were disappointed with the breakfast selections and I have brought your comments to our culinary team who are actively reworking our offerings with your comments in mind. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ramada Rockaway
Ramada Rockaway
#2 of 2 in Rockaway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!