“Absolutely delicious”
Review of Caffe Navona

Caffe Navona
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Navona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wife and I went here beginning of July 2014. We had gotten a gift certificate for this place and decided to try it.
Service was very good and the waitress was very helpful with descriptions and deciding what to order.
The drinks were above average in volume, they didn't scrimp at all there.

I had a fried seafood appetizer of mussels, clams and oysters. They were wonderful, fried very lightly and extremely fresh and flavorable. They actually melted in my mouth.

As a main course I had veal which in my experience, is very hard for a restaurant to make well.
These were veal medallions with a sauce and cheese over them. I was in heaven, very tender lean veal which again melted in the mouth...

I had a lemon cake for dessert which was not too sweet, was very light and was absolutely delicious..

Let me say I was so into my dinner I have no idea what my wife had although she raved about her dinner as well.

It was on the pricy side, the bill came to about 150.00 for the two of us with a drink and a glass of wine each..but to my mind it was well worth it..

Service, Drinks, Food all were a joy at this place and we will definitely be going back soon..

This is also a nice sized restaurant and I noticed a private room which I assume is for special occasions and could easily handle maybe 25 to 30 people...

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank ipdsharkey

Boonton, New Jersey
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I have been to Café Navona half a dozen times and it is my favorite restaurant. The food is amazing and the staff wonderful. I highly recommend Café Navona.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Robyne L
Morristown, New Jersey
“Very nice”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The place is upscale and well worth the FOOD. Great service!! staff was very very helpfully in helping me make a selection. Atmosphere was very nice/ romantic. Great for lunch or dinner. Owner came over to make sure that everything was good, and IT WAS. Will go back again soon.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank jaybirdrcky
Denville, New Jersey
“Went for lunch, won't do that again”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had lunch at Navona yesterday. The greeter initially told our party of three that they were closed. Then he made several other not funny jokes. Instead of focusing on his comedy act, it would have been nicer to be greeted warmly, have our drink order promptly taken instead of waiting way too long for that while we had to listen to other not funny comments. The restaurant was empty except for a large table of about 20 people. We waited about 30 minutes for a waiter to come by and ask to take our order only after we had to flag him down. Then about another 30 minutes for the food to arrive. Our mescalina salad with added shrimp (3 small for an extra $6), was very uninspired. After another long wait, we were asked if we wanted dessert - we quickly said no because we felt we would be there till dinner time if we ordered that. The lunch menu had mostly entrees that sounded more like dinner only smaller. I would have liked to have seen more appetizer type choices that could be shared by the table. I don't want small dinners, I want upscale lunch stuff.

Very disappointing since I have been there for dinner many times and I know the owners are present then and really care about how their restaurant is run. They should maybe be present for the lunch service as well. I wouldn't go back for lunch.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Linda E
Denville, New Jersey, United States
“My favorite for years”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I started at The Harlequin in Wharton and moved to Caffe Navona when The Harlequin closed. Owned by brothers, these two restaurants never failed to deliver the best Italian food in Northern NJ. They have the best carpaccio and pasta dishes reminiscent of my grandmother's Sunday dinner. Service is terrific, food exceptional, and it is where we always go for a special occasion.

• Visited September 2013