“Excellent food, terrific music”
Review of Caffe Navona

Caffe Navona
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Navona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Rockaway, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, terrific music”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fresh ingredients, amazing owner (Marco) and a wonderful chef, make this one of our favorite restaurants in the Rockaway valley/Morris County area. I love this place and especially the risotto, pasta, seafood dishes. Good bar and fine music, which adds to the ambience without covering the conversation.

• Visited March 2014

Morris County, New Jersey
“Italian at its best”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I went to this lovely busy restaurant with a friend last Friday night for dinner. This place was hopping. We decided on the Insalata Principessa to start our meal. Garden greens with blueberry infused goat cheese, fresh oranges and strawberries, raspberry vinaigrette. (I'm missing an ingredient) Amazingly cool, refreshing, tangy, bright; just plain yummy.

We each had an entree from the specials. I had the Chicken special which was like a Chicken Marsala but with mozzarella cheese, served with mixed vegetables and a wedge of the most amazing Au Gratin Potatoes I've ever tasted. My friend had the shrimp and tortellini which she said was delicious. It was served over spinach with a light cream sauce tinted with tomato.

For dessert we shared the white chocolate mousse. Always a standout, always a favorite.

Go to Costco and buy the 2 $50 gift cards for $80. That's 20% off your dinner.

• Visited February 2014
Hope, New Jersey
“Food Lovers paradise”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I have been frequenting this establishment for years. I just had to let the world know you cannot have a bad meal. On top of that, the owner Marco knows everyone that comes in and literally gives you a hug. The food is outstanding, the service is outstanding, the ambiance is outstanding. There is no request Marco will not accommodate. I just cannot say enough about Café Navona.

• Visited February 2014
Rockaway, New Jersey
“New Year's Eve dinner”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This restaurant is right around the corner, but fancy so we don't go often, just for special occasions. The last time we were here, we enjoyed an early New Year's Eve dinner. They have a beautiful bar, white table cloths, and the best bruschetta I have every had, this is always served as you are seated. The staff is always very professional and attentive. The food is beautifully prepared and always wonderful. It is pricey, but well worth it.

• Visited December 2013
Blairstown, New Jersey, USA
“Cafe Navona”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good food. We were seated in the main dinning room
Next to a large group. Which made it very loud. That party shouldn't been in the back room so other dinners could enjoy their meal and conversation.

Visited December 2013