“Good value for what we spent on room”

Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rochelle Park
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, staff friendly (although most do not understand English), breakfast was adequate (microwave bacon/sausage, cereal, bagels, pastries, fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs - they were gross though, coffee/juice), micro/fridge in room, transit bus in front of hotel (#163 bus into city and back for $8.50 person round trip). Overall, I would stay again if coming back to area.

• Stayed: October 2013
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Rachel J,

Hello, I want to thank you very much for the amazing comments and nothing but the most true of facts that many of our other guests fail to notice. However, It is not their fault. Your review was very very much appreciated and valued because it helps us to perform and understand situations from the guest's point of view better, so I want to thank you very much for it.

Many times the English of the front desk is very clear, as a matter of fact I recently evaluated my entire front desk staff on proper communication skills and it shows that they have no difficulty with the language. The amenities at breakfast is very standard for the Ramada Inn requirements and policy, it is nearly impossible to change the items on the menu such as the eggs or scrambled eggs that was displayed. Regardless, I want to apologize behalf of them.

The New Jersey Transit that travels to New York City is extremely convenient for the guest's transportation needs for personal, leisure, and business trips. Did I mention that it is very inexpensive as well ? Yes, it is very inexpensive and the easiest mode of transportation available.

The microwave and the fridge in the guest room is very convenient as well since it is the essentials for your dining needs. I am very happy that you enjoyed it.

I want to apologize and thank you for all the amenities available for use to your disliking and liking, accordingly and respectively. It is amazing and exciting for guests like you to leave eye soothing reviews. We hope to see you again soon at the Ramada Inn of Rochelle Park, NJ.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm really disappointed with the quality of the customer service of this hotel. We were scheduled to have several rooms for mid-October. When I first made the reservation I asked them to email me an invoice with my total. Their email system was down so I asked them to fax it over to me. They faxed over confirmation letters and not an invoice. I called back the following Monday to ask for an invoice with an exact total (because it was for a business trip). Instead the person that answered the phone told me "You can do the math yourself, I don't have time to send you that." The customer service experience was disheartening and caused me to cancel my reservations. Instead we found a better hotel just a few miles farther out. I will never attempt to book with them again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cjvinc08
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear cjvinc08,

Hello I want to apologize very much for the inconvenience the front desk staff might have caused you. The rude behavior and the negligence from the front desk was not proper, and understanding that, we have taken action upon it. Nonetheless, I must thank you for your time that you put into writing the review as we can understand our staff better but we should be monitoring them regardless, so shame on us.

It was very unfortunate that I was not able to be present at the time but I promise you that the situation with the rude and forgetful front desk associate will not repeat itself. We usually email or fax over the invoice and bill immediately to our guests without regret but I must agree that by the description you have provided, the experience was very unpleasant. I have informed my front desk staff and are told to regulate and properly monitor the manner in which they address valuable guests like you.

Cjvinc08, I must thank you again for taking time out to write this review for us. It gives us a boost of hope to see that our guests care about the service we give and are in coordination to improve it nonetheless we should be doing well even without negative comments as such. We hope to see you again soon at our hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank M K
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on Sep. 2013.
The need for improvement is shown from the beginning: the entrance is narrow, dirty and dark. The linen and specially the comforter were old. The last did not give me a good impression, and I could not determine if it was properly clean.
First room assigned was on first (ground floor): as the side door was not working properly, I could not feel that security was guaranteed.
Breakfast is served on a not-so-well-lit room. It also seems dirty, just like many other parts of the property.
As I arrived from my flight in the middle of the morning, had to wait for check in time. So, I asked for a place to change clothes before leaving to go shopping. The clerk suggested me to use the lavatory located in the lobby, what I did. However, I had to change in a hurry, because the bad odor (of urine) was unbearable.
In sum, this Ramada needs a "shock of cleanliness"!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room that is not on ground floor, due to security breaches.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Enio81,

Hello I want to thank you very much for writing this detailed review for us as it means so much. Writing this review allows us to understand the hotel in the viewpoint of the guest where a general manager might miss to notice the areas of improvement. Nonetheless, it is not the guest's full responsibility to report every detail so I must say that I am very sorry for the uncleanliness of the public area.

The public areas beginning from the entrance into the hallways and the main lobby were slightly unclean however we decided to clean them to the best of our ability, however I have to clarify that since the entrance is used frequently it is bound to become little dirty. However, constant cleanup will be done as well as proper monitoring of both the public area and the entrance.

The breakfast room on the top floor is cleaned every morning before and after breakfast hours to the maximum strength. After it is cleaned thoroughly I personally go to survey the cleanliness and rarely find anything out of order. The illumination in that room is usually set to the highest level but it might be a case where someone must have dimmed the lights down by mistake.

The public restroom is something we are working on and the scent in the restroom has been removed very recently and should not become a problem. The scent has been fully removed.

I hope everything in the guest room was orderly enough to make your stay with us the best ever, however the other items previously mentioned are taken care of and solved. We hope to see you again soon at the Ramada Inn in Rochelle Park, NJ. Thank you again for taking your time to write us this review.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

A few of my favorite things:
On a bus line: NJ Transit 163 express/local to NYC Port Authority
Near a 24 hour Shop Rite with hot food counter and liquor store open on Sundays
Near AMC theater
Daily hot breakfast with freshly made waffles; the orange juice was refreshing.
Free social hour on Wednesdays with premium liquor and hot/cold foods
Comfortable bed
Great showerhead
Good restaurant in front of hotel(BOOM): delicious burger, had sweet pototao fries, and carried my liquor( Fireball)
Wifi and cable
Microwave and refrigerator
I felt quite at home and welcomed.
Pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable staff

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the expressway or traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Glenda H,

Hello I want to thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write this review for us and it means a lot since it MADE MY DAY ! Based on your comments you seem to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel both the inside and the outside of the hotel as well.

I completely agree with your description of the hotel where the town is safe and convinient for shopping, entertainment, food and beverage and lodging purposes. Not to mention the perfectly situated Njtransit stop near the hotel since it helps guests, like you, to travel easily in and out of the big apple (NYC).

The new BoomBurger restaurant is perfect for our guests and one of our biggest achievments so our guests do not have to step out of the hotel and search for food, because it is at their doorstep. BoomBurger features awesome burgers, wings, and fries that one would forget a dinner at Applebee's altogether.

Thank you very much for the amazing review and great points on our hotel as it helps to improve our service and understand our guests better. I am speechless on the comments you have given us since every one of those comments are true and benefiting our guests and our business everyday. Glenda H , we hope to see you again soon at the Ramada Inn,Rochelle Park,Nj.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Stephen K
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We just came back from visit to New York city we chose this hotel for our stay while there. Room was nice bed was really clean and comfy free internet was great TV had all kinds of channels they even had HBO. The continental breakfast which is included was more than just continental had eggs sausage muffins cereal and they even had someone on hand to make Belgian waffles. Our room also had fridge and microwave and on top of all price was reasonable. Location is convenient in walking distance from big Mall and on bus route.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear nazif7,

Hello I want to thank you very much for writing such kind review for us and we really appreciate the amazing things you had to say. We improve our service day by day and guests like you are our primary concern. Thank you very much for the kind review and we hope to see more of it.

I understand that the hotel's location was one of the most important factors contributing to your stay as it is one of our major plus points. The close-by public transport is beneficial and allows guests to take the public transport all the way into the main attraction and location of the city-scape.

Breakfast at our hotel is just as valuable as well and allows the guest to feel complete and ready for a day's worth of adventure. As you mentioned it is fresh and crisp, which we specialize in very much and have high importance in as well. The assistant at breakfast is a positive influence in assisting guests and I am very satisfied that you have found their service to your advantage.

I thank you again for all the positive words and hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochelle Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meado...
#3 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus

Been to Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus? Share your experiences!