“Fun casual pub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Madison Street & S. Pavilion Avenue
Transit: Riverline runs in front of Cafe Madison.
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Small pub with somewhat upscale menu. I had the chile bowl which was very authentic. Meat all sandwich also very good. Prices reasonable for the quality of the food.

3  Thank Lipoman

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Can't understand any "confusion", they are both in the same property!

Geography aside, the Cafe Madison is a pretty nice, sophisticated, restaurant. Wd have eaten there quite a few times and the food is, in my opinion at least, very good to excellent.

As it happens, the Madison Pub has pretty good food too. The choices are better than one would find in many "fine dining" establishments!

3  Thank David W
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We live a few towns down and decided to hop on the Riverline and head to Madison Cafe to use our Restaurant.Com certificate. Towne Tavern and Madison Cafe are separate but in the same bldg. While Towne Tavern has good sandwiches and such, Madison Cafe has a wonderful dinner selection and specials. Upscale but casual at the same time. We enjoyed our trip there and would return. Sever was wonderful too!

4  Thank JerseyScootergal
Reviewed December 16, 2010

For our "date" my dancing partner suggested Cafe Madison. He guaranteed an unforgettable experience. I asked, "In Phila.?" He said, "No, Riverside as in NJ--the restaurant has fine dining and dancing--we can practice on a real dance floor." How could a sophisticated cafe with A C casino ambiance exist in Riverside? I found out. As we waited bar side for a table, a violin and piano do played softly nearby to settle us in. The wait was worth it. The cuisine was excellent: for a starter, we shared a crab and shrimp appetizer; for entrees, it was bronzini for me and salmon with a shrimp and crab risotto for him--all subtly flavored was well as creatively presented (apparently the chef had worked at one of the A C casinos); for dessert, we eschewed the more complex choices and shared the house-made cheese cake. About 9 p.m. a 3-piece band with vocalist appeared and took over. And did they--keeping a strong beat while playing diverse music from different decades. We sang along with the vocalist and danced until the band was ready for bed. One the way home, Jim held my gloved hand--and sang, "What are you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?"...A perfect evening.

3  Thank dariakaritinova
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I visited this place for my forty fifth birthday. We had fun for about an hour and a half. Then an incredibly rude and mysogynistic bar regular decided to harass us. Perhaps his mother told him this was the was the way to meet women, I can't be sure. Not only did the management refuse to address the issue they actually disclosed our personal information to this sorry excuse for a man! After we left the man continued to harass us he has not yet stipped. I would never return. If you must go there do not use a credit card, these people cannot be entrusted to safeguard your information. I of course, informed the credit card vendors of the breach. They informed me that they will monitor for ongoing criminal activities.

1  Thank prettysweet_10
kimcheekoo, Manager at Madison Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

I am the manager and I as well as the staff have no knowledge of this incident and have never been contacted. I am appalled that someone could insinuate criminal activity without substantiating the claim. Our guests privacy is of utmost importance to us. I would appreciate being contacted at 856-764-4444. Diane Bobak Director of Dining Operations