“We cleaned our plates at a hidden gem.”
Review of Cafe Madison

Cafe Madison
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Madison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Madison Street & S. Pavilion Avenue
Transit: Riverline runs in front of Cafe Madison.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I might have reviewed this before. I forgot. Well, it is still good. This week was a special event "Farm to Fork" week. So the meals were on a smaller menu and set at $35. We took our relatives. It was the right idea. One steak and three fishes and we ate well. The surprise is the hidden town of Riverside having a top notch restaurant. Zip code 08075 is not gourmet central except for this one. The server is well trained and the bus boy knows his stuff. Also in spite of it being a busy Saturday, we had the full two hours to make a memorable meal.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The Cafe Madison appears to be under new management ... it was always good but now it great. I'm not kidding ... it is as good or better than most cafe's I've visited over the years anywhere.

Do yourself a great favor and make a reservation soon. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I picked Café Madison to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. He made the reservation online and included a request for a cozy table as we were there to celebrate our anniversary. This information was actually communicated to the hostess! When we arrived and gave our name, she actually wished us a Happy Anniversary! We were shown to a lovely table set far enough away from the other tables make it a romantic spot. When our server approached, he had already been told about our celebration so he was very cordial. That extra touch made the whole evening even more special. They have an excellent selection of wines, so we ordered sparkling wine while we looked over the menu. We were both drawn to the selections on the fixed price menu although the a la carte menu also looked quite good, too. We had the lobster bisque and shrimp risotto for our appetizer course. Both were very good. The salad came with a great champagne vinaigrette that complimented the greens very well. I chose the filet and my husband had the Bronzino for the entrée. Both were very tasty and cooked to perfection. Our desserts were excellent, too!

I can't say enough about our server, Joey. He was helpful with advice on menu selections and very attentive while not being obtrusive. The dining room is tastefully decorated. I especially enjoyed the talented musician who sang and played the piano and guitar. A great addition to the atmosphere.

We even stopped by the courtyard bar after our meal! Thank you to Café Madison for making our evening so special!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I didn't see a Trip Advisor entry for the Courtyard Grill (same owners and in The Madison along with the Towne Tavern, Cafe Madison, Martini Bar ...).
The outdoor dining area is beautiful, complete with a stone fireplace and at the time was really quiet.
I only had drinks here. The thing I really, really didn't like is that there are no real glasses used, just plastic cups. It ruins it! Maybe it's not as a big deal if you are eating, though.
I'd still go back for sure, but maybe have a drink inside in a real glass.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Café Madison never disappoints. Great menu, service as well as the atmosphere. Our favorite restaurant !!