“Always a good experience”

Sanducci's Trattoria
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in River Edge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
NJ
“Always a good experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've been coming here for six or seven years when they were still at the old location down the road. If you have a smaller party, expect a wait between 630 and 8pm on weekends, they don't take reservations for under six I believe.

The atmosphere is excellent, the food always good, we usually get one of the specials, or a chicken/ veal pasta dish, and we've never had a bad meal.

The service can be slower during peak times but you'll see the same at any busy restaurant.

It's a byo so stop at the wine shoppe a mile down at the Kinderkmack road intersection.

Easily one of the best Italian places in north jersey.

• Visited April 2013

“A Must Try!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been coming to Sanducci's for a little over a year now (since they've moved) and I love it. The atmosphere is cozy and nostalgic with family photo's adorning the walls and oldies Italian music coming through the speakers. Generally I go there for their lunch buffet but have also eaten there for dinner as well. The lunch buffet has a great variety of food including a house salad with two dressings (try the honey dressing, It's delicious!), Tilapia, Rigatoni in vodka sauce, eggplant/chicken parmigiana and some vegetable-related dishes too. Everything is always delicious and has a home-cooked taste. Love it! This past time I went I tried their desert for the first time and had the Tiramisu. It was so so good! A little heavy on the cinnamon but great nonetheless. Even the coffee was great. There is a upper level to the restaurant which looks ideal for a large get together or bridal shower, etc and the service is wonderful as well. Carlos has been my waiter a multitude of times I've been there and he's always prompt and helpful. I definitely recommend this restaurant to all!

• Visited March 2013
“Not so good anymore”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had dinner on Saturday, March 2, 2013. We had a terrible dinner there weeks before, but thought it might have been just a bad day. Our pasta was over cooked and when we complained they told us over cooked was a matter of taste. Mushy pasta is mushy pasta.
So we decided to try again because in the past we have had good dinners here. So this time we all had one of the specials. I had the short ribs. It was at best a good pot roast, but not a short rib in any way. My daughters salmon was over cooked and tasted like rubber. My husband had one of the chicken specials and it was just okay. He said it lacked flavor.
We tried to complain about just the salmon but the waiter nor the woman who appears to be in charge never came over after we complained to the waiter. We thought the waiter would ask to bring her something else but said he would let the manager know. So she waited and nothing happened. We asked to have the salmon taken off our bill and the waiter took care of it. So I made her dinner after we left. Based on our last two experience and their lack of caring about our complaints, its OFF OUR LIST FOR GOOD. They should care more about the food they are serving. They did not appear to be to busy they just did not care. We were not the only people complaining about the food or the service.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth1217
North NJ
“Great Italian cuisine!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

If we crave for Italian food, we come to Sanducci's. The food taste great. The service is attentive. Make sure you make a reservation if you want to go on Friday :-)

“Good Food/Fair Service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Pasta and red sauce were good, bread and dip were excellent, service mediocre, and they were out of steak for my youngest, and admitted to being out for almost two weeks...huh?

Visited February 2013