“Great Real Mexican Food”
Review of Dos Amigos

Dos Amigos
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Authentic Mexican Restaurant. It is with great pleasure that we bring a great dinning experience with a great atmosphere and authentic Mexican food.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was a rainy day in Cape May, NJ so we took a ride to Dos Amigos as we love Mexican food. We had read other reviews and it sounded like it was worth the drive. As we walked into the restaurant some other customers were on their way out and they told us that the food was great. There were only a few other diners and the waitress told us to sit where ever we wanted. She came right over and took our drink orders and returned with our drinks and chips and homemade salsa. The chips were really good, the salsa was just Ok. I like my salsa more tomatoey but this was definitely homemade. We ordered the cheese dip which was made with white cheese and was delicious. However, it was quite spicy so it you are not into spicey Mexican food then you may not like it. My Husband ordered a burrito which was huge and I ordered 3 tacos. Both the burrito and the tacos were excellent and the price was really good. The only downside was they don't have a liquor license so you can BYOB or not drink alcohol. I really missed having a Margarita. That being said, we will DEFINITELY return on our next trip to Cape May.

1  Thank Jan S

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant for a year. It is the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been. I 've tried everything on the menu, but my favorite is the wet chimichangas. There fried chees cake is the best as well. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable. I will definitely recommend this restaurant. Looking forward to go back again.

1  Thank Welcome2Wildwood
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Was not expecting how great the food and how great the service was going to be. Extremely happy that me and my girlfriend stopped in on a whim. Will be coming back very soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We have been to the restaurant many many times and it's always very good. We love the green wet chicken burrito. The staff is always very professional, nice and attentive. They are huge and I always save half for lunch the next day.

1  Thank Candygirl1976
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped here on a dreary cold Saturday night while visiting a friend. Hostess greeted us promptly. Brought my own brew since the place doesn't. Ordered the tripe soup, shrimp cocktail, pork carnitas and wet tri color burrito. Food looked and tasted like real Mexican food. Tortilla shells are made right there. Cilantro, onions and salsa were all real fresh. Waitress was very attentive, kept bringing soda refills for my guests and offered a take home container for the soup.We were too full to try the fried ice cream. People at the next table had it and it looked great.
Will definitely return when in the area.