“Good Pizza Bad Management”
Review of Frank's Famous Pizza - CLOSED

Frank's Famous Pizza
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ordered a pizza from the North Wildwood store last weekend and it was quite good. Crust was good, but slightly undercooked and the sauce was also good, and somewhat on the sweet side, which is what we like. On June 6, a Thursday, we wanted to order some sandwiches but the North Wildwood store wasn't open! We decided to order from the Rio Grande location and we were glad we called in the order, because we wanted a couple of subs. The guy who answered the phone said they were out of rolls! This was a little before 7:00 p.m., and they're open until 9:00! How do they expect to make money if they don't have what they sell?

Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Pizza is amazing. I drive 20 minutes one way to get the pizza. BUT the girls who work at the front are so nasty. It doesn't matter if it is busy, or dead and you are the only person in the joint. I get the feeling that they are annoyed everytime I come in. It would behoove the management to train or be more attentive to the service that is presented to the customers.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Franks Pizza is one of the best on most days. I have been to Franks several times. On my first visit the pizza was sublime. Crust and dough that would support the red sauce and cheese without bending and collasping in the middle. The sauce and cheese were perfect. Probaly the best pie in the county.
On other visits I had oil dripping off the pie unto the table. A Buffalo chicken pizza that all I tasted was hot sauce.
Today, I had two slices right out of the oven. The cheese was perfect. The sauce was perfect. The dough fell short. It was bland and again, the middle of the slice collapsed and it could not support the sauce or cheese.
Franks uses what I call "white bread dough" or "wonder bread ". That's right. The same bread in your supermarket aisle. There are different grades of dough, and for a few cents more per pie, it would be a much better pie.
If he changes his dough recipe, his pies would be one of the best in the county. As it stands, his sauce and cheese are outstanding, and his is probaly in the top five in this area.
Other people I talk with agree- there is a consistency problem with his pizza. Go, and tell Frank what you think.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stopped here while at Cape May. Great Pizza a large is enough for 2 adults and 3 small kids. The menu is well priced and has your normal pizza shop items. If your in the area stop by. it's right next to Lowes.