“A museum from the heart”
Review of Forgotten Warriors

Forgotten Warriors
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Rio Grande
Salisbury
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A museum from the heart”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We came across this museum on our way to the Aviation Museum. There was a balance of photos, and personal histories, along with re-creations and actual military equipment, and artifacts brought or sent home from the war. Outside, on the grounds they had military equipment from Viet Nam. There were Veterans on site to answer questions and share their stories. Our 14 year old son was as captivated as we were.The men and women who put this place together were there and want their brothers and sisters to be remembered. There is no greater honor than that. What an impressive place!

Visited May 2013

Wildwood, New Jersey
“More than a museum...a tribute to VN and Korean Veterans”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I came across the Forgotten Warriors museum as we were leaving the NAS Aviation Museum in Cape May. Although the Aviation Museum was great, it did not move us as did the veterans museum. The collection of artifacts, pictures, etc. is amazing, as is the dedication of the veterans who staff the museum. What is different about this museum is the feeling you get walking through it and speaking with the vets; it's hard to put into words - "inspirational, with a strong sense of honor" comes to mind, but even those words do not do it justice. What is also amazing is that the veterans have donated or bought back the items on display. This museum should be placed in highest regard and publicized so more people can experience it and pay tribute to the VN and Korean veterans. I should have said this to the veterans when I visited - Thank you for your service; you are not forgotten.

Visited August 2012
Neptune, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Must-See for History Buffs!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My boyfriend is going to school to study history, and he LOVED this museum. The artifacts and displays even kept my interest. If you don't love history and have interest in the war, it might be boring for you. Its pretty boring for kids too. But the displays are an excellent commemoration to the soldiers.

My first visit here was when the museum was in little trailers. I visited again and was shocked at the expansion! I am so glad this place is still around.

No fee to enter, but donations are gladly accepted.

Visited July 2012
Philly
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Should not be missed!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

You will not forget your visit to this gem of a museum. There are memorabilia and artifacts from several wars and police actions. All greatly cared for and displayed with pride and reverance. Tucked away in the Cape May County Airport, it's worth the trip. We went back and I gave the gentleman who runs the museum my POW bracelet that I wore all thru high school. He tagged it right away and put it in his display case. The outside has changed over the years, the mural, the tank, the huey, the sniper stand.....I would bet this could be a very emotional experience for our veterans but a gratifying one to know that people haven't forgotten them!

Visited June 2011
modernphoenixv2
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“A touching and powerful experience- Don't Miss This!”
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I've been to many museums in my life, but I've never been to one like Forgotten Warriors at the Cape May Airport, just north of Cape May city. The building is not as large as other museums, but it's loaded with authentic artifacts from the war and powerful displays.

The museum is run by a gentleman who is a Vietnam Veteran himself and it's very clear how much he cares about what he does. When I visited, he stopped the work he was doing on a display and took the time to walk with me around the museum and answer my questions. He even opened a display case and allowed me the opportunity to hold a real Medal of Honor.

My wife and I stumbled upon the museum by accident, but I'm glad that we did. The whole experience left a vivid impression on me. The men who travelled to Vietnam and fought in that war sacrificed everything in the name of their country and this museum demonstrates that well.

It's a 10 minute trip from the heart of historic Cape May and you will find it's well-worth the time. Visiting Forgotten Warriors is something you will never forget.

5 Thank Ben M