“Not impressed at all!”

Unionville Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ringoes
More attraction details
Owner description: Award-winning wines. Warm and gracious staff. The flag bearer for New Jersey's burgeoning wine industry. Come visit the best kept secret on the east coast. Open for tastings and sales 7 days a week, noon to five pm. Tours are offered weekends at 2:30pm. A great venue for our events and for your special events. White Wines: Chardonnays, Pinot Grigio, Viognier, Dessert Wine, Dry & Regular Riesling, a Marsanne-Roussanne blend, and a blend combining Riesling, Pinot Grigio, and Gewurtzraminer. Red Wines: Pinot Noir, Syrah, a Bordeaux style blend of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon, Counoise, a Pinot Noir based blend, a red blush, and a couple Ports.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was very disappointed with Unionville VIneyards wines as well as their tasting. I have seen their wines in local stores for years and was excited to try them out. Unfortunately, there was not one that I enjoyed. I was also not impressed with their staff during the tasting. They basically said "okay, which do you want?" and poured it, while I have been to other winerys and vineyards that will go in depth in discussing the wines with the patrons. I wish I could say this lack of service was because they were busy, but it was just my sister and I and 1 other person doing a tasting during our visit. I'd much rather go to Old York Cellars a couple miles down the road.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently visited this winery and I'm sad to say we weren't impressed. Our server server Andrew was great. Really friendly friendliness welcoming. We just weren't impressed with the wine itself. We tried 6 different wines during our tasting and only really liked one. We also purchased some cheese and salami to go with our wine and were disappointed to find that we could not take our leftovers with us. We had so much leftover an paid over $20 for it and ended up giving it away to another couple so it wouldn't go to waste. Overall it's. Nice place. Clean, friendly and the tasting room is really nice. It's just not somewhere I would personally visit again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visted Unionville with a Groupon (received with a reservation from a Bed & Breakfast in Lambertville). Having never been to a wine tasing before was not sure what to expect. The staff was courtious and walked us "newbies" through how & what to look for when tasting. It was a very pleasant experiance and my husband who swore he "hates" wine, discovered he has an amazing palate and was able to taste notes in the wine i could not. Needless to say we walked out of there with 6 bottles. All extremely tasty wines for New Jersey. Next up was the tour, not very long as the vineyard is quite small, but very informative.

2  Thank Kathleen G