“Charming culinary delight”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Charming small and cozy French restaurant. Attentive and polite waitstaff.Chef walks around and greets the guests. Tasting menu was the way to go inorder to sample the wonderful flavors this chef had oiffer. Fallen souffle was flavorful brie and goat cheese combination with a fruit compote. Lobster strudel was savory and light. Short ribs and Branzino for entrees were flavorful and the serving size just enough to leave room for dessert. Ganache chocolate mousse was rich in flavor but not heavy. Creme Brulee was not my favorite. It was too whipped creamy.I like mine more like an egg custard. All in all a charmingly delightful place for a special occaision. Be prepared to pay for this fine dining experience.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner there after a very long absence. Food was generally good. A little disappointed in the lobster bisque. It tasted old. The lobster had a not fresh taste. I don’t know if it was because the lobster was old or not many people order it. On the other hand my wife had the fois grau which was exceptional. She had the grouper for entree which was quite good. I had the scallops (entree size portion) and that too was quite good.
When we ordered our food we also pre-ordered a soufflé, which they recommend. The soufflé came 35 minutes after our plates were cleared. Nuff said on that.
Our bill came to $122.00 plus tip. A little pricey.
I suppose we will return. The room was noisy and the service could have been better. Since it is small I guess the staffing level is such so they are not bumping into each other. Our suggestion is go early and reserve a table. The place fills up quickly. Parking is an issue.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

You can't go wrong here. My wife and I have been here several times and have always been delighted. The service is superb and the food outstanding. One of the best restaurants in Ridgewood.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

I lost a bet to a Patriot fan...dinner @ his choice. He picked Latour & made the reservation.
There is a reason Latour is the longest standing fine dining restaurant in Ridgewood. The food is consistently good, & the menu changes with the seasons. The owner, Michael, comes out to check on every customer, chats & insures that everything is satisfactory. I had the venison, it was outstanding!
You are treated like family at Latour, as shown by the number of repeat customers who all keep coming back.
You will not be disappointed by your Latour dining experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Have been to latour many times, always enjoyed but this was the first time I was there during the week. Same amazing food, same chef, who does come out and greet diners, but so much quieter and the 4 course price fixe is amazing. Not sure I will ever go back on weekend, but will return often as a ‘go to’ place. Had lamb special, lobster crab, salad and dessert. All great.