“Consistently good food”
Review of Latour

Latour
Reserve with OpenTable
Latour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is consistently good and service is always excellent. The chef comes out every night and speaks to all of the patrons to ensure that everyone was satisfied with their meals. La Tour is a little gem in Ridgewood.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
““Latour, a jewel of a restaurant!””
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am going to shamelessly steal from George S.'s review, as it closely reflects my views. We have dined at Latour many times. The prixe fixe menu (Mon-Thu and Sun) is a four-course menu for $39.95/person. It includes many good choices. The al la carte has an even greater variety. Everything is expertly prepared using top-quality ingredients. Service is excellent and the chef generally stops by to ask how we enjoyed the meal. Wish they were on Open Table so we would remember to go more often, but I understand why they don't need to be there.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ribeye Steak Ever”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

A few of my friends had recently went to latour for dinner and raved about the experience. So I took my wife to dinner tonight, and all I can say is wow!!! The ribeye steak I ordered was by far the best prepared steak I've ever had in my life (I'm 60). I've eaten at all the top restaurants in NYC and never have been so satisfied with a meal as I was this evening. Order the ribeye steak and you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Foodie766
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Excellent French food in a relaxed environment...”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Finally got to this restaurant at the third attempt (it was booked out on my previous two tries). The food was excellent, with the French Onion soup and the Braised boneless short ribs of beef the standouts. Out waiter was attentive and entertaining. And...you get to bring your own wine...allowing us to enjoy the wines we like (an excellent Italian white (Lugana) and my favorite Red (Tommasi Ripasso)) at reasonable prices. Too rich (for me) for frequent dining...but I intend to go back frequently for special occasions.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Latour, a jewel of a restaurant!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

It was highly recommended to us by others; we were hesitant to go to a French restaurant at first, but are so glad we went. Conveniently located with plenty of public parking. We chose the prix fix menu at a very reasonable $40.00 a person. Pleasantly surprised at the number of choices but even better at the quality of the food. It was delectable , excellently presented by an impeccable service. Loved the food and the attention. Would go back in a heartbeat. Kudos to the chef as well as all the servers.

1 Thank George710