“there are better Chinese restaurants in Ridgewood”
Review of Bamboo House

Bamboo House
Ranked #66 of 131 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I wouldn't pick this one when I have other choice of Chinese food in Ridgewood.
It is not so much bad but not the best either.
Besides, the place is little dampt

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had been a loyal fan of Panda Forrest which was in Paramus for MANY years !!! They decided to close down a few years ago, and finding good Chinese food has been difficult ever since !!! I am not one for the typical "take out" Chinese place. I am always willing to pay more for good food !!! A week ago, my wife and I ate at Pearl (also an EXCELLENT restaurant) in Ridgewood. As we were sitting in the window, my wife noticed Bamboo House across the street. So, this Sat., when we just felt like eating in, I suggested we get Chinese food. My wife said, I used to get lunch at Bamboo House, and that was over 20 years ago !!! They must be good since they are still there !!! I was a little hesitant, thinking it was a typical "take out" Chinese place. We went there and ordered. The owner, Sherry, was there, and she was extremely nice. She had told us that she just made the eggrolls we ordered ....... and from scratch !!! She told us to sit down while we were waiting and offered to let us try an eggroll. Suprisingly, she gave us each an eggroll. She also makes her own duck sauce !!! The eggrolls were AMAZING !!!!!!!!!! Our food was also AMAZING !!!! I loved the sauce on the Egg Foo Young, and we had this spicy beef with small corns, brocolli, and mushrooms that was so tasty (Masha beef ??) !!!! I will definitely get those two items again !!! So happy to find such good Chinese food again, and her prices are very good too !!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I would come to the Bamboo house when I worked in Ridgewood a longtime ago
Recently our favorite Chinese place in Paramus closed and we have been searching for a new place. I told my husband we should go here because it was always awesome when I went years ago. It still is awesome! !! Loved everything we ordered. Don't miss this place if you are in Ridgewood and looking for great Chinese food

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dependable, quick, and always good value. The vegetable dishes are especially good. They have a couple of tables, but I have never tried eating in as it is cramped.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Looks are deceiving and don't expect much. The place is small. Very small. Maybe cramped. There's no more than two or three tables here, depending on how many they are seating for. The most I ever saw was four...I think. I think they mostly do take-out and I've never had take-out from here, but I've eaten here many times.

Regardless, doesn't matter. You are not going for the ambiance or environment. You are going for the food...and it's excellent. I've been here numerous times and each time, the dishes are excellent. Strong, excellent flavor, good tastes, diverse, good depth, and good portions. Again, don't expect much on presentation, fancy, or the like. Not here.

Come for the food. I've had dumplings which were some of the best I've had around here. I've had chicken dishes (ginger chicken, sesame chicken) which were prepared perfectly -- excellent balance between flavors, sauce, etc.

Give this place a chance if you want excellent food.