“1st visit and completely in love with the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Due

Due
Ranked #31 of 130 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Due restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Ridgewood on the corner of East Ridgewood Ave and Broad Street, steps away from New Jersey Transit's Ridgewood Rail Station. Executive Award Winning Chef Adam Weiss and Owner Chris Tarta deliver modern, seasonal, eclectic American cuisine with freshly prepared dishes from the wood-fired grill using local ingredients with a focus on flavors, textures, and plating with a modern twist. We offer the perfect casually elegant ambiance, setting, and accommodations for private dining as well as outdoor dining. Due encourages guests to bring their own wine to compliment their meals.
New Jersey
“1st visit and completely in love with the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Due for the first time this evening not sure what to expect. We were greeted at the door and asked if we had a reservation. We didn't and felt a little uncomfortable. The hostess said she could accommodate us despite us not having a reservation and immediately sat us. The space is small and a bit loud. I was amused as I felt some gentle vibrations as the train went past.

My husband is a bit of a picky eater so we checked the online menu before we left the house. He had his heart set on a chicken dish only to find the online menu and the menu at the restaurant were very different. He was able to find another dish he was wiling to try so we placed our orders.

The wait staff was very attentive and our server didn't bat an eye when I explained my food allergy. Our meals came out quickly and exactly as ordered. My salmon in a lemon caper sauce over mashed potatoes was simply divine. I was raving so much about it that my "I don't eat seafood" husband willingly helped himself to a bite and agreed it was really good. He had a pasta with pork meat sauce and was raving as well.

We moved onto dessert, he ordered an apple item while i had the chocolate mousse cake. Both were absolutely exceptional. Prices were reasonable and serving sizes just right.

We will definitely be returning and we'll remember to call ahead.

• Visited November 2013
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We love the title of your review! That is great to see and makes our staff very happy. We take great pride in our dedication to both friendly, attentive service, and delicious meals. We are glad that your husband enjoyed the salmon dish and we will fix the menu situation you described online. We are happy to see that you enjoyed dessert as well and we are excited to have you back in again to explore more of our wonderful menu options! Have a nice day. Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)

Township of Washington, NJ
“New but on top of their game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This may be a new arrival in Ridgewood but stand by, this is destine to be a reservation only location. Food was excellent, service, because it is so new has some kinks to work out and the patrons of the Ridgewood need to not expect special treatment because they are from the area, special table setups, seating inside after starting a meal outside and so on, I think Chris, the owner will find his way quickly. Keep an eye on Due'.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MrsTnMe
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for the positive words of support! We appreciate such great reinforcement for our delicious food and friendly service. We look forward to having you in again soon to enjoy and explore more of our wonderful menu! Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

How hard is it to get an order correct? Seriously if you think you are so skilled that you do not need to write down the items ordered and then you mess it up, that is just unacceptable! Please why do chef /owners forget that half the dining experience is how you serve your patrons. Sit down in your own restaurant and ask your waiters/waitresses to serve you! Eye contact,body language and knowing how to serve correctly is an art that needs to be TAUGHT ...it is not something that comes naturally!
After my dish was messed up it sat in front of me for over 5 minutes..One would think it would of been picked up immediately after I stated it was incorrect. Then I was told there would be no charge for the dinner after waiting at least 25 minutes for the food. Needless to say my husband had finished his dinner as I was still waiting for mine.
Food was not bad but it really is hard to get past the employees and their issues. Our bill arrived and my dinner was not comped so we had to mention to the waiter again of the mistake.
Chris you had better get in front of your restaurant and do some managing while you still have any patrons left!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank momart1
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello. We are disappointed that you were not happy with your experience. As the owner, I personally looked into this situation with the staff. Initially the server had explained the difference between the two veal dishes and you ordered one of them, which in your opinion, was the wrong one and you requested the other. The minute we picked up on the problem the kitchen rushed out the other meal, and we even went on to comp the dinner for you, even though you ended up enjoying it. We took responsibility for the server making a mistake, and we attempted all we could to correct it as quickly as possible and we also paid for our mistake. I do apologize to and really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to ensure this does not happen in the future. Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)
Montvale, New Jersey
“It was good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am a huge fan of Chris Tarta, been going to Bella Campania in Hillsdale for many many years. While the food was good at Due, it does not compare to Bella. The service was very good, however, there were specials told to other diners and not to us. But that was AFTER we had already eaten. I was really disappointed about that because there was something I would have chose instead. We sat outside and that's always enjoyable especially on a cool night, however, we had no lighting on the table and it got very dark out there, difficult to see the check, there were candles on other tables. I may or may not go again to Due and I understand it's only been open for a few months.

• Visited August 2013
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello! First off, thank you for your wonderful feedback and your business at Bella Campania! We are happy to see that you gave Due a try, but we are disappointed that you were not impressed with your experience. We apologize for the mistake with the candles and the specials that were announced after you had eaten. We will speak with the staff to ensure that each guest is given the specials for the night and a candle on the outdoor dining tables to avoid these situations in the future. We encourage you to return at some point and give us another try. We have only been open for a few months, but even as we are trying to iron out some of the kinks, no excuses, we want to impress each guest that we have here. Thank you again for making us aware of the mistakes you encountered, as this provides us with areas to improve upon and avoid making these mistakes again. Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)
Wayne, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Due in Ridgewood, N.J. again...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I can't rave enough about Due in Ridgewood, N.J.! From the antipasti to desert everything is delicious! Chris Tarta owner & executive chef is a GENIUS! We shared the Calamari fritti balsomico: the calamari was very tender. Then the fichi grigliati: (wood-fired figs) it brought me back to my childhood when both of my grandmothers cooked figs many different ways. Both were exceptional! Everyone had a different main course. I had the grilled fish special, delicious! Always save room for desert, many are made by Chris. I usually don't eat this much but when I am at Due everything sounds and looks so good I want to taste it all. The atmosphere, service and the food are the best! Manga!

• Visited August 2013
Chris T, Owner at Due, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We love to see your enthusiasm as a guest here at DUE! We appreciate all of your support for our delicious meals and desserts. Many people enjoy the Calamari Fritti Balsomico before their meals and love to stay for dessert as we enjoy finishing your evening out with something sweet and delicious! We look forward to seeing you again soon and we appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. Have a wonderful weekend! Best, Chris Tarta (Owner)