“Comfortable space with excellent food”
Review of Cafe 37

Cafe 37
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe 37 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Previously a Thai restaurant...has been opened about 3 weeks...EXCELLENT FOOD and SERVICE
Maywood, New Jersey
“Comfortable space with excellent food”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Six friends went to Cafe 37 after a recommendation by a mutual friend. This BYO has outside seating as well as an inside dining area. While the inside is small, it does not feel crowded. I would give it 4.5 stars if that rating was available, We were all pleased by both our appetizers and main courses. Specials for the evening were a Buffalo Rib-Eye and a mixed shellfish - both were very good though a bit pricey. Our server did not tell us the price of the specials before hand, nor did anyone ask. Portion size was ample. I had excellent lamb chops while others had ribs and salmon. The entire meal was enjoyed by all of us. On a Friday night, this restaurant offered two seatings and a reservation is definitely recommended.

1 Thank amyhhs

Hackensack, New Jersey
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Café-37 is a nice new restaurant among many found in Ridgewood, NJ. The décor is tastefully done in a relaxing environment. The service is very knowledgeable regarding their menu, friendly and helpful. The food although a little pricey was well worth it as the portions were surprisingly larger than expected and everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. I would highly recommend this place and definitely would go again.

1 Thank Andrew E
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Nice meal, quiet atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nice space for this restaurant. The tables were spaced well and it felt quiet for a group of 6 for talking and catching up. The appetizers - soft shell crab was "good" as per husband and the duck pot pie was fabulous (needs to be an entree) with salad, which was a tad over-dressed. Onto entrees - lamb was excellent, as well seafood special! Sorry, too full for dessert!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Won't be going back to Cafe 37!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I visited when they first opened and thought it was pretty good. Since we enjoy a variety we hadn't been back in a while until last month. Mt husband ordered the Ahi Tuna and thought it wasn't as fresh as it could be but it was edible. To my regret I ordered the Seafood Pot and was sick for days later. I was rather hungry when I began eating so I didn't pay much attention but after several bites I realized something in the dish was foul smelling. I won't be going back even though they have some fabulous desserts.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Silvia P
“Average dinner”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went to Cafe 37 wanting to love it. I just don't feel it lived up to its reputation. The appetizers were good, but I wasn't blown away. The seafood bowl dinner was very small and not very impressive. My filet was prepared really well, but the wine reduction sauce tasted like brown gravy.
Desserts were excellent. We shared the bread pudding and the cream brulee This restaurant did not have the "wow" factor.
I think the waitstaff was excellent. Very attentive and very pleasant.

• Visited March 2014