“Good IPA, limited wine selection”
Review of Park West Tavern

Park West Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park West Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgewood Ave
Transit: Block from the Ridgewood Train Station
Description: Zip: 07450, phone 201-445-5400. From their website, it looks like they are owned by the same people who own The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge, NJ, which you already have listed. Park West Tavern has been in existence for about 8 or 9 months (according to our server), so it may be about time to include it!
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

American style food. Hearty portions. I had Shepard's pie and thought it was great. The kobe beef slider was good too. Other in our group had a poor attempt at a lobster roll. The burgers and fries were said to be great. I'd come back, because I like a casual environment with good food.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food was just ok and the place looked a bit dirty and rundown (surprising, for a new place). There are too many better restaurants in Ridgewood for this place to survive. Park Tavern in Park Ridge is much better.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm beginning to wonder if just because "it's Ridegewood", people think restaurants must be good. We'd heard a little bit about "Park West Tavern" and with it being Restaurant Week, my husband and I decided to go.
First of all, when I was taken to a table full of three moms and six kids, I should have followed my instincts and asked to be seated somewhere else. (My husband drove around for 15 minutes trying to find parking...) , they seemed to be pretty well behaved at the time so I thought I'd be polite and just sit. Silly me...
I ordered from the "Restaurant Week" menu starting with the yellow beet salad - just OK. I love beets and prepare them a lot so it's difficult to go wrong. My husband ordered off of the regular menu due to the limited offerings of the special menu. All presentations of the evening were very blah - as in nothing. My husband ordered the shrimp risotto (appetizer special). It tasted like the risotto was a basic risotto base and they just added things to it - no flavors were "integrated". It was blah except for being able to taste the shrimp and red onion when actually eating them. Hmmm.
I then had the branzino with a caper sauce and polenta. OK. The fish was very skimpy and again, not overly flavorful except for the caper sauce which was quite rich. My husband ordered the braised short ribs from the regular menu. They certainly were not melt-in-your-mouth, but fine. I took my dessert home, the bread pudding. It, too, was rich; I've only had half of it so far but it was very tasty.
I felt bad for our waitress who had to deal with the table of loud kids behind us. She did talk to us quite a bit about it, poor thing. WHO brings a group of six kids, ages 5 to 10, for a BIRTHDAY DINNER in the evening to a place called Park West TAVERN??!! Obviously the moms didn't want a kids' party place - but they forgot to explain that to the kids....... REALLY??!!
It was not worth the money. I'm sorry, but the entire evening was very mediocre, not to mention really obnoxious eating with kids screaming and whining right behind us and the moms paying more attention to their glasses of wine.
I WILL say, EVERY ONE of the STAFF were incredibly polite!!! THAT, we appreciated greatly!!! It was also surprisingly loud for the relatively small crowd there, but there was a special gathering of people at the bar. I think it's just the acoustics of the place - very live. Sorry, but we won't be going there again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

visited with 4 friends over Holidays. Friendly bartenders,helpful with craft beer suggestions. Tasty bar food, generous pours .Full on a Monday happy hour and evening so must be packed weekends. TV 's easily viewable for football/sports but did not dominate the room so conversation easy. Back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Good food, eclectic menu and you get what you pay for. In terms of the bar, Tammy is one of the best bartenders around. Her recall and mixing skills are amazing...