“Very good dinner -- all around experience, very good flavor, tastes, and service.”
Review of Park West Tavern

Park West Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park West Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 130 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgewood Ave
Transit: Block from the Ridgewood Train Station
Description: Zip: 07450, phone 201-445-5400. From their website, it looks like they are owned by the same people who own The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge, NJ, which you already have listed. Park West Tavern has been in existence for about 8 or 9 months (according to our server), so it may be about time to include it!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had dinner for 5 on a Friday night. Crowded bar, restaurant booked solid. Lucky we had a reservation. We were seated at a nice table, ample room, not jammed in at all. Service was very good -- attentive, not overwhelming or too much. The "cristini" flatbreads that were served were very good. We did have to ask for more but I get that. Drinks were served in very good time and were done very well.

From the appetizers to coffee -- everything was very good. A lot of flavor and tastes, from steak to fish dishes and specials. The appetizers were brought out in good time and we had a fried chicken type appetizer that was very good, with an almond, cream-type sauce. The oysters (East Coast) were very good.

The entrees were excellent -- steak, fish, specials, you name it. Risotto done perfectly, steaks all made to perfect order, fish was very good, fresh and flavorful.

Some people say it's expensive -- but I don't think so.

Parking could be tough. It's downtown Ridgewood.

I would and will go back. No questions asked.

• Visited May 2013

Paramus, New Jersey
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant on advice of my son and it was a good choice. The service was excellent and I probably had the best hanger steak sandwich I ever had (even though it was probably a zillion calories) and the fries with it were great. We started with lobster sliders, need I say more. I would recommend this place, it's great!

• Visited May 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good spot following a business day”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My colleague and I ate here on a Tuesday night. Parking was a bit difficult but found a metered lot about a block away that served us well. When seated there was bread already on the table that we weren't sure how long it was there or who it was for so asked for fresh bread. Who knows, we maybe got the same dried bread just a different plate, it wasn't to die for quality. My colleague had martinis that she thought were good and I tried their Purple Cowboy Wine. I had never heard of this but the waiter offered a sampling and it satisfied my taste of which I was not disappointed. We both had the crab cake sandwich and I would not do that again. It was a soft shell crab but a bit too much shell for my pleasure. I was expecting something more along the lines of a crab cake. Likely my error in ordering that entree, I should have researched better. We finished off the meal with sugared donut holes that had two sauces to dip into, one strawberry and one green apple. I must say that was an amazing taste! Although I try to avoid sugar overload, this was really good. Our waiter was attentive. We were seated with one seated on a bench and the other a chair across the table. Next to us was another twosome of men. The close proximity of diners adds to each other hearing the others conversation. If you want a private conversation I would not recommend dining here. It's more casual and laid back. The restaurant served us well for what we wanted that evening.

• Visited April 2013
New Jersey
“Pub in town”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place gets loud on the weekends after 6pm, but all other nights or during the afternoon, the acoustics are much better. They have a huge bar and great bartenders. The food always hits the spot. It is a little pricy, but the meals are always quality and tasty. The lobster sandwich is always a home run and in the summer their "Palmer" drink is a must. Great place to meet up with friends or go on date night.

Visited February 2013
“Great Food !!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went there for lunch on a whim because the place we were going was closed on mondays. Im glad they were because this place was a hit. I ordered the skirt steak sandwich and my wife had a chicken pot pie and both were over the top . Make it a must when you are in Ridgewood.

Visited March 2013