“Great BYOB Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey
“Great BYOB Restaurant”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I met our friends for dinner at Lanterna last night. We had never been to this restaurant in Ridgewood before and were pleasantly surprised. My husband had the chicken marsala, my friends had the chicken parmesan and I had the chicken cacciatore. We all enjoyed our food and although my cacciatore is not prepared as it typically is (on the bone) it was very tasty. The ambience of the restaurant was very pleasant; however, towards the end of our meal it got really noisy due to a group of very loud diners behind us. We certainly plan to return and try some of the other offerings.

• Visited November 2013

North New Jersey
“Love the food and ambiance”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was very pleased with my meal and the waitresses. I made a reservation for a weeknight. Had no trouble getting a reservation and was greeted warmly at the door. We sat right down and were immediately waited on. The appetizer and main course were both delicious. It was warm and cozy and I am eager to get back.

• Visited October 2013
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Good Room, Service and Ambiance - But One Minor Gripe”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We eat at La Lanterna often as the food quality and atmosphere is pretty good. Our only grip, and it is minor, but annoying, is that the side salads they serve for an additional $4 (free with specials) are consistently tiny - usually only 2-3 forks full. This is very surprising since their entrees portion size is quite respectable. I know that lettuce costs next to nothing, so I suggest to the owners that you reconsider, especially since the salads, particularly the Caesar, are really good.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was there for a baby shower. It is a very quaint restaurant from walking up the sidewalk cafe to being greeted when you walk through the door. Love the look of this restaurant the starters that were served were delicious fried calamari, marina sauce, small crab cakes and a spinach puff pastry they were all delicious. The choices for lunch were fantastic and gave a great selection of choice shared the poached salmon with rissoto and chicken marsala with portabello mushrooms - the were both excellent!!! The pastries were also great. I will go back for dinner as the staff and service was great.

• Visited October 2013
New England
“Very Good Choice in Ridgewood”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

La Lanterna is a very good Italian/Continental restaurant in Ridgewood, NJ. The setting is intimate/very nice and the service is excellent.
The food - especially the specials - can be outstanding.
However, it is BYOB - so if you prefer to order cocktails, beer or wine, you will have to bring your own.

• Visited September 2013