“Great Sushi Worth The Journey”
Review of Kumo

Kumo
Order Online
Ranked #41 of 142 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2016

There are many subtle things a good sushi restaurant does to make it great. Kumo is one of them. Everything we tried, from appetizers to special rolls, to the sushi deluxe plate for two was superb. Went with my 2 kids to celebrate their birthdays. My daughter loves salmon sushi and all though not on the menu they created a plate of various salmon sushi and sashimi rolls and pieces. We tried their duck rolls, their "salmon flowers" their sweet and crispy shrimp apps. Everything was fresh fresh fresh and tasty. the presentation was all out with every dish they brought to our table. the service was fantastic.. the waitress must have over heard we were celebrating the kids birthday as when dinner was done and we requested the check they brought us an amazing fried ice cream and desert with all kinds of sweet and crunchy touches AND a candle in it and a verse of happy birthday....

Super fresh food, beautiful presentation, very attentive service and fairly reasonable prices will get us to journey back here again any time we are in the mood for sushi.. We went 4pm on a Sunday and it was not to busy, but as we left around 5:30 the joint started jumping.. It is BYOB =. We will be back.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed December 23, 2015 via mobile

Perfect service so so attentive food just amazing and the gyoza just wow love it miso soup very very tasty I love this place since 3 years ago that I found it
Thanks kumo for give a great dinner

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 25, 2014

The quality of the food was mixed. They use imitation crab which to me is a sign of a fast food sushi rest. The staff was friendly...gave my daughter free ice cream on her birthday and gave us a free sample of a different appetizer.. They have this gimmick...they bring you your check with a 20% discount. Great!! Then you give them your credit card and they tell you the 20% only is applied to cash payments. Really? If you don't know the difference then you'll likely be happy. Go a few stores down to Sakura...massive difference. Then again it was a Monday night!!!

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 9, 2014

They have some unique rolls which I enjoy. The service is attentive. I've brought many friends here who also enjoy the food. The fish appears fresh. No odor. The bento boxes are a decent size. My friend brings home the salad dressing for her children. It's a BYO. Parking stinks so bring quarters. Sun-Thurs they have a special 20% off if you pay cash. Decor is nice and comfortable.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed October 16, 2014

Ordered from Kumo for pick-up. Staff was friendly. Sushi was very good. Atmosphere inside the restaurant is very nice.

Date of visit: July 2014