“ugh ......”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although this USED to be a neighborhood place that I loved to visit, a recent dinner experience totally turned me off.
A friend and I went to dinner on a December Monday with a Groupon that her daughter had given her. The Groupon menu was a set one, and one that if we had come in off the street probably would have cost us about $50 for dinner. So the Groupon was no deal. Do not understand why he always runs Groupons.
Also, the owner, who tends to be VERY "handsy" with the ladies, was even more so that night. We were so uncomfortable with his attentions, that we have decided never to return.

1  Thank betho24

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Food was awful and service was even worse. I live in the area and figured I would give it shot. The waiter had an attitude as soon as he realized I was using a groupon. If you don't like groupon, don't take them. We will never go back and will def not recommend to any our friends.

3  Thank Betsy P
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had a groupon and asked two of my friends to try out this place. The groupon was for two and we were going to order extra for three of us. The waiter had some kind of attitude the moment we said we had a groupon. He said he was going to charge us $15 extra if we shared the groupon. We said we were going to order extra. We decided to order an extra pasta entree at $12.95 in addition to the groupon offer. That’s more than plenty for three women with modest appetite. He seemed irritated, "That’s going to be $16.95" He said. We were a bit puzzled. "All pasta dishes are $16.95" He stated. Clearly it was not the case on the menu. "So is the menu incorrect?" I asked. All of a sudden, he started to blast at us, "you are accusing me of stealing money from you. I am the owner, I don’t want to serve you, you can leave, I can give you the groupon back’. He then threw the groupon on the table. We were all stunned and speechless. None of us had ever experienced something like this. Nobody was accusing him of anything. We were just asking a very simple question and trying to understand the discrepancy between the price on the menu and the number he quoted on the spot. What on earth had we done to deserve to be treated like this?

If it were not for the friend who drove 50 miles to meet us and spent half hour to find this little place, I would have torn up the groupon and left. He could eat up that lousy $35. But I took the bullet and asked him to please let us stay. It felt absolutely awful. We were customers and we had to beg him to serve us! It felt like having swallowed a poisonous bug.

What happened next was some kind of punishment: slow service, no facial expression and rarely verbal exchange from the waiter. It was as if we owed him something by being there. He put so much pepper on our salad that we all coughed up. At the end, he handed us a check demanding us to pay an amount that included 15% tip!

All in all, it was the worst experience we’ve ever had! We expected to have an enjoyable dinner, catching up with old friends and this place completely ruined our evening. If you don’t want to run the risk of facing the rudeness, barbaric behavior and judgmental attitude, never go to this place.

By the way the picture on the restaurant website is completely misleading. The place is very small and cramped.

5  Thank jwlovetravel
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy to get a groupon and baby sitting from the in-laws so i don't want to sound ingrateful. I truly appreciate the thought. Generic restaurant depot food + poor service+ gas station views = no good. Dont bother even if its free.

5  Thank JennAndDeanGo2Dinner
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We live in Ridgewood so this restaurant is very convenient for us. It can get a bit noisy, the wait staff isn't the best but the food is very good.
They usually have Veal Milanese as a special which is very thin and tender you don't even need a knife. The Caesar salad is also very good.