“Nice local place”

Dining options: Reservations
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Nice local place”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We live in Ridgewood so this restaurant is very convenient for us. It can get a bit noisy, the wait staff isn't the best but the food is very good.
They usually have Veal Milanese as a special which is very thin and tender you don't even need a knife. The Caesar salad is also very good.

• Visited November 2013

Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
“TERRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Service was horrible, waiter had a nasty demeanor didnt ask if we wanted drinks, didnt come back to the table one time to see if we liked anything, didnt ask if we wanted cheese on our pasta and then proceeded to add a 20% tip to our bill because "thats our salary". keep in mind we were only three people. The food wasnt good either. The calamari was so so, the salad was awful [how can u mess up a house salad], the clams oreganata was disgusting and burnt. I will never go back to this place...it was empty at dinnertime most of the night and I look forward to the day they go out of business.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Kristy P
new jersey
“Not going back”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went there with my husband on a Wednesday night and we were the only ones in the restaurant for most of our dinner. About an hour later two more tables came in. The owner was very pleasant, but I agree it didn't make up for the food. We each had a chicken dish which was okay, not great. The salad however left a lot to be desired, we seemed to get the worst part of the lettuce and the dressing was not very tasty. When we ordered coffee we were not even given the choice of regular or decaf!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank spoiledrotten1
New York City, New York
“Holy, Garlic, Batman!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

6 of us visited Pasta E Pollo for the first time... and will not return. The place is small and cramped. Waiter kept bumping into my chair all night. We had fried calamari for appetizer- which was tender and well cooked. After that, it was downhill. Since Pasta E Pollo is the restaurant's name-I ordered the chicken and broccoli rabe over linguini for my entree... it was FULL of sliced garlic that was not caramelized-- seemed as though it was simply tossed in the dish... All I could taste was GARLIC. Before the entree came out, we were served a "house salad", which looked as though someone took a handful of romaine and threw it on the dish along with 2 grape tomatoes and one slice of cucumber. The dressing (served in a small plastic cup) was awful - bottled, garlic-laden mess. One of the others in our party ordered the Veal Saltimbuca. I have NEVER seen this dish served with dark-brown gravy that looked as though it was thickened with too much cornstarch... More Chinese-style than Italian. Our waiter seemed annoyed to have to wait on us and the busboy who was assigned to take our dessert order could hardly understand English - and we could barely understand him. All in all... An awful experience...

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank GaGaOf2
New York City, New York
“Some of the best Italian I've ever had”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand some of these reviews!! We've been here 3 times and every time we go, the food is amazing. The pasta is cooked perfectly al dente, and the flavors are delicious. It's a tight squeeze inside the restaurant when it's a full house (and there's sometimes a wait for a table on the weekend) but the wait staff is always great. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is just because it gets crowded in there sometimes and you can hear the conversation of the person next to you....feels like the cramped dining in NYC. Maybe these people went on a bad day- I don't get it. Last time I was there I even said how nice it is to find GOOD Italian food...usually it's just so-so (it's hard to find standout Italian!) They don't skimp on the vegetables or other ingredients either. We always leave stuffed.