“A Pastry shop worthy of Paris in Ridgewood, NJ”
Review of Sook Pastry

Sook Pastry
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Ridgewood
Cuisines: French
Description: Sook Pastry is a French bakery / pastry shop that opened in the Historic District of Ridgewood, NJ on March 15, 2011, by 3 Alumni of the Legendary Payard Patisserie of the Upper East-Side. Our new Sook Gourmet Chocolates Ganache, Truffle, Praline, Fragonard, Givrette, Mendiant, Rocher and Muscadine are made exclusively with the finest Valrhona™ Chocolates.
Reviewed April 13, 2019

The best pastry shop this side of the Seine. The pastries are delectable, with subtle flavors. Nothing artificial or overdone. The portions are just right. My favorite is the “Paris Bread” pastry. No bread about it, just luscious cream in a chocolate flavored
puff pastry.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

I had heard many good things about Sook and I do have friends that love it here. The atmosphere is fun...tables a bit close together. There is outdoor seating which is a favorite for me!! The only problem was that the only gluten free dairy free freer was macaroon and many flavors, which was tasty... if you like. Sook is very popular and a go to for Ridgewood

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

A was a rainy day and I was stranded.Mycar broke down and I started to wander around Ridgewood and I happened upon Sook.
I had received in the past gifts of such indulgence that when I did find this incredible lovely chocolatier/bakery I was very excited to pick out something delicious.
There are 2 stores to Sook and in order to reach the other side you Have to walk outside to the next door. I was a little bit hungry and I picked out a Turkey sandwich that was in the cooler and was told that it was 695 then she raised it to 795 and then somebody told her it was 895.... For $9 it definitely was not worth it although I was hungry and it was on a really good French bread but the sandwich was small. The fact that it went to dollars more I was a bit unhappy.
I deftly would recommend picking out some of the bakery pastries although make sure you have some extra bucks in your pocket. delicious yes

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 25, 2019

Wonderful pastries made on premises by a chef. There is a glass wall between the restaurant & the kitchen, so you can actually watch them make the incredible desserts. Desserts are named after local streets in Ridgewood, and are to die for. They serve ILLY coffee, from Trieste, Italy (founded in 1933 by Francesco Illy - it is awesome)

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

Hard to imagine how anybody would not give this place five stars. But we certainly do. We love it. The pastries, the questions, the crepes, The Smiling servers, it's all awesome.

Date of visit: January 2019