“Yummy but expensive”
Review of Sook Pastry

Sook Pastry
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Ridgewood
Cuisines: French
Description: Sook Pastry is a French bakery / pastry shop that opened in the Historic District of Ridgewood, NJ on March 15, 2011, by 3 Alumni of the Legendary Payard Patisserie of the Upper East-Side. Our new Sook Gourmet Chocolates Ganache, Truffle, Praline, Fragonard, Givrette, Mendiant, Rocher and Muscadine are made exclusively with the finest Valrhona™ Chocolates.
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

A was a rainy day and I was stranded.Mycar broke down and I started to wander around Ridgewood and I happened upon Sook.
I had received in the past gifts of such indulgence that when I did find this incredible lovely chocolatier/bakery I was very excited to pick out something delicious.
There are 2 stores to Sook and in order to reach the other side you Have to walk outside to the next door. I was a little bit hungry and I picked out a Turkey sandwich that was in the cooler and was told that it was 695 then she raised it to 795 and then somebody told her it was 895.... For $9 it definitely was not worth it although I was hungry and it was on a really good French bread but the sandwich was small. The fact that it went to dollars more I was a bit unhappy.
I deftly would recommend picking out some of the bakery pastries although make sure you have some extra bucks in your pocket. delicious yes

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed January 25, 2019

Wonderful pastries made on premises by a chef. There is a glass wall between the restaurant & the kitchen, so you can actually watch them make the incredible desserts. Desserts are named after local streets in Ridgewood, and are to die for. They serve ILLY coffee, from Trieste, Italy (founded in 1933 by Francesco Illy - it is awesome)

Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

Hard to imagine how anybody would not give this place five stars. But we certainly do. We love it. The pastries, the questions, the crepes, The Smiling servers, it's all awesome.

Reviewed January 15, 2019

This is a small little shop with a couple of tables. It does get crowded and some tables are tiny, tough to sit at for two people. The two of us had tarts which had a nice flavor but the crust on the bottom was extremely hard. So hard, the knife went flying when trying to cut in half. We weren't the only one with the problem, two tables behind us same thing happened but his knife flew further across the floor! Coffee was decent. Just think the place is overrated.

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Sooks is our go to place if we are looking to have what we consider hands down the best hot chocolate around! Their array of snacks are a delight to behold from tasty chocolate treats to yummy almond croissants . . . you just can't go wrong.
My only complaint is that there never seems to be enough seating even with the expansion into next door.