“Fresh food at a price”
Review of Tito's Burritos

Tito's Burritos
Ranked #54 of 131 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: It is affiliated with same name restaurants in Morristown and Summit NJ.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was time for a lunch time visit to Tito's Burritos in the center of town. It has a small storefront but it very near the movie theater and on the main street. As you enter, you can scan the extensive menu that is high on the wall and make your pick as well as a few specials.

I choose one of the specials - a spicy chicken burrito and my wife choose the grilled vegetable. Both were $7.95 each along with a 16 oz soda at $2.00+ the bill added up fast. We ordered and sat down to the clean brightly colored interior which seats about 10 or so people. There is a fun poster of old VW buses to keep you occupied for the short wait.

The food was brought to the table along with a basket of vegetable chips. I tasted plaintain, yam and beet. They have a salsa bar where you can select your dip.

The burritos were bulky and freshly made with delicious show flour tortillas. My spicy chicken had possible three small strips of chicken but it had lots of lettuce and what seemed like two kinds of rice, each flavorful and some red beans. With the exception of the paucity of chicken, the ingredients were fresh and tasty. The grilled vegetables were more fillinh: rice, beans and lettuce than vegetable.

All in all a very expensive meal with nice flavors but little of the star of the dish.

We did see someone order the hot wings and they did look like the real thing.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love Mexican but we were disappointed by Tito's. We've been twice. The first time, we had chicken nachos and fries. Nachos were very average, drowning in cheese. Fries were greasy. Service wasn't especially friendly. We decided to give it a second chance so went back today. Was even worse. We won't be back. On the plus side, it's pretty cheap.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

They serve the standard Mexican fare. I have only taken out so I can't rate the space or service. The food hits the spot when I want something quick and local. The prices are very reasonable as well.

1  Thank IrisheyesNJ
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been to Tito's several times now. I'd rather go to Tito's over Chipotle, Moe's or Baja Fresh - not that I dislike any of those establishments. It's really difficult to mess up "Fresh Mex," and for the most part, Tito's gets it right. I usually stick with the vegetarian fare, and it's pretty good overall (I've had rice & bean burrito, taco salad). I especially like the use of yellow rice and very even mix of ingredients. There's a lot to choose from on the menu, which is great. Also, I love the fact that they have a wide array of unique beverages to choose from, such as Jarritos sodas. The atmosphere is very colorful, festive and has a laid-back vibe. Tito's is far from a five-star restaurant, but it is a great choice to grab a quick, inexpensive bite.

2  Thank Mdgrl79
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am very surprised by the poor reviews for Titos. If you are chips and salsa person, this is the place... homemade chips and fabulous salsa bar. Great burritos, friendly and fast service. Are we all talking about the same place? Everyone I know loves Tito's Burritos!

2  Thank Sondra P