“Unimpressed”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Lebanon, NJ
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went to have lunch with my girlfriend on a busy Saturday afternoon. Natalie's was hosting a bridal or baby shower it looked like in their other room. We ended up standing at the host stand for about 5 minutes and no one came over. We eventually just sat ourselves down.

The service was absolutely horrendous, in every single way. We had to flag down someone to take our order, bring us drinks, and even check up on our food (which took almost 45 minutes). I got a veggie burger, which wasn't terrible, but in general pretty lack luster. I had to ask for ketchup and by the time it came my food was cold.

We also saw an irate customer towards the end of our meal. I guess he was ordering take out and had to wait forever and in the end just stormed out.

They also started vacuuming in the restaurant while we were still eating. It was pretty terrible. Don't go here.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Food was great, service lacking”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Although the food was great we were waiting quite a bit for our food!! Also we would have thought an occasional " How is everything?" from the wait staff would be in order.. A little pricey, compared to the service value. The restaurant was not over packed, so there was not the excuse of wait staff to customer ratio.

Ringwood, New Jersey
“Mundane all way round”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very mundane menu. My husband ordered a steak sandwich and it was served on a plate with no garnish. Just a sandwich on a plate. I ordered a tuna melt and it was good but pricey for 10.00. The other odd thing was that my husband had soup (mushroom barley - $6.00) and you get a bowl of soup, the spoon in the bowl with no service plate or cracker. The whole thing was just strange. In general, customers prefer a service plate so the server hands and fingers are not on the dish that you eat from surfaces. not impressed.

Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“Good food terrible service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant has an interesting menu, but suffers from slow service andortions that carry entre prices but are skimpy and look more like appetizers. There are better options in Ridgewood for what a dinner for two will cost.

• Visited August 2012
Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey
“Not Good!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have probably been here 5 oo 6 times over the last year and a half and it has been going steadily downhill. I said I wouldn't go back after the last time when I had to send the skimpy offering of bread back because it had obviously been on another table with a bite out of one piece that they missed before re-serving it. They took it back and brought another basket without an argument. That's how obvious it was. I wound up there again last night due to someone giving me a $25.00 gift certificate purchased on Living Social. Natalie's has a "stimulus menu" which is a good value for $20.12 which though they are smaller portions, you get a salad, entree and coffee.We usually go there on a week night so that amount of food is quite sufficient. When I ffered the gift certificate, they treated it like a coupon and said it couldn't be combined with another offer! What are they talking about? The stimulus menu is not an earlybird. It is available 24/7 for those looking to eat less. I just paid regular price and will never go back again. The regular menu is way overpriced for what you get. It is decent to say the least but not for that money. I will say that the pork chops were very good the one time I had them. If you like Ridgewood, most of the other places are better. If you like a nice roll or piece of bread, scratch Natalie's off your list in a hurry. Last night we were given 4 pieces of what looked like toasted corn bread but didn't taste like it. Not quite sure what it was but it seemed re-heated and not fresh. Couldn't eat it. There are so many great places to dine out for the same money or even less, why would anyone go there. Try Andrea's or El Cid's. Around the same money and I've never had a less than great meal at either and always have to take food home. If you want to stay in Ridgewood, Marcello's is much better and in Hawthorne, both Bottagara and Alex's are very good. Of all businesses, restaurant's can't afford to cut corners during a sluggish economy. People's money is tight so when they decide to go out to dinner, it's got to be good or you will go out of business in a matter of time.

• Visited August 2012