“Para chuparse Los dedos!”
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo was created out of a desire to explore and share the unique, seasonal, healthy opportunities of the Mediterranean Cuisine, from the shores of Southern Europe to the coast of North Africa. At Mediterraneo, we carefully and without compromise choose each ingredient for its authenticity, quality, and freshness. We invite you to join us and discover for yourself why in 201 Magazine, Best of Bergen, Mediterraneo has been voted the "Best Mediterranean Restaurant in Bergen County" several years in a row. Whether it's a business lunch, a friends get together, a romantic dinner for two, or a private party, we will make sure to offer you a wonderful dining experience. We recommend the delicious, authentic Spanish tapas, the tender Moroccan lamb tagine with dried fruits and our fresh fish, daily imported from the Mediterranean area.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

There were 3 of us for dinner. Our waitress was Patricia. We started with very freshly made Shepard's salad; served with feta on the side. Then the main courses of stuffed cabbage. The lamb was so soft it melted in my mouth. The chicken kebab with rice pilaf and fresh veggies had lot's of flavor. It was not spicy but savory and tender. Vegetable Marroccan Cous cous was light and tasty, yet filling. . This is a great dish! The food and service were both impeccable. There is both inside and outside seating. The restaurant is very clean and is handicap accessible. Parking is a problem, and there is no handicapped parking space close by.Yesterday was our first time there. We will return soon. The restaurant is BYOB.

There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We sat indoors and the restaurant is very attractive. We shared numerous appetizers and everyone had plenty to eat. The service was very good. It is a very crowded area and it is not easy to find parking. We could not find any handicapped parking, so my brother-in-law had to park our car. It was very reasonable.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ate there twice. The restaurant seems to aim for high end with their location and especially the prices, but it does not deliver. Some food was good (soup and desert were great!) and some was just not (the fish did not taste right). The teenager waitresses were nice, but the service was just OK. I like going out to Ridgewood, but will try something else next time.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We come here periodically when we want good food in an intimate atmosphere. Michael, the owner, is quite passionate about his restaurant: the physical space, the food and the service. My wife (a serious foodie) and I both think that the food is reliably excellent.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We drove from NY just to have dinner in Ridgewood and found this little gem. Although we had a late reservation (10pm) everyone was extremely kind to us. We ordered off of the Tapas menu, we had the octopus, mediterranean cigars (phyllo with feta inside) and mussels, among other things. Everything was excellent and considering that my husband and I are two Greek foodies that's saying a lot!!! The octopus, I'd like to point out, was cooked perfectly (which is hard to do!) Our server was extremely good to us (as was all of the staff to be honest.) Another sweet couple that was leaving gave us the rest of their bottle of wine, I thanked them but if by any chance they see this on tripadvisor, my husband and I would like to thank you again for your extremely sweet gesture! The wine was delicious and went perfectly with our meal. I would recommend this wonderful place to anyone!