“cute space”

Tue, 6/25
8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #19 of 141 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Description: White Maple Café is a neighborhood restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients sourced as locally and sustainably as possible. White Maple sources much of its produce from Stokes Farm, which is situated less than ten miles from downtown Ridgewood in Old Tappan, NJ, and serves poultry from Goffle Road Farm and seafood from Peter's Fish Market. Created by Ryan Brining, who attended the Institute of Culinary Education and worked at Daniel in New York, White Maple provides quality eats and exceptional service in a casual and inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed February 1, 2019

Tiny place but I still felt like we had our own space. Just had a simple brunch item (eggs) but was nicely done. The potatoes were excellent. Had a lot of nice choices for brunch. I would go back again when I had time to enjoy more of their offerings.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 6, 2019

Delicious food with a lot off variety. Carnivores and vegans were both satisfied and I would definitely go back. Servers were friendly although it took a while for the main course to arrive. My main negative is the tables and chairs were not what I’m used to when eating a nicer a dinner.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Mel10901
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

The Village offers at least half a dozen or more establishments that specialize in burgers.

You would think that everyone strives to differentiate themselves on this popular item, especially at lunch time.

My burger came out grey after I ordered medium rare. It was moist but it had a taste that didn’t remind me of chop meat. What was it?

That aside, I asked for pickles. None in the restaurant. Bacon was $3 extra on a $16 not so good burger. No tomatoes etc and limp fries.

Too many other much better and less expensive choices in town, at least when it comes to a burger!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

So we've been here three times now: twice for brunch and once for dinner. I'd give it a 4, a 2, and a 4.

The first brunch was very good! There were unique options and everything tasted great. Service was patchy but atmosphere was nice. 4 stars.

The second brunch was a disaster of nearly inedible nonsense foods. Like... why are you putting broccoli and cauliflower in my potatoes? The "pancake" was like a pudding/quiche (I hate eggs so it was gross and not what I was expecting) and the sausage used was super sweet in my partner's dish which didn't mix well at all with the savory dish... we said we'd never go back. 2 stars.

However, we were in the area and looked at the dinner menu another day and decided to give dinner a try. Expensive but pretty good! There wasn't enough ricotta in the ricotta board to justify the steep price and the veggie burger was a bit bland and pasty though there were two sauces on it (maybe add cheese?), and the popcorn at the beginning was really awful with cumin on it. (For breakfast, there is a delightful complimentary cinnamon sugar popcorn). My partners shrimp and grits was tasty but $25 so you know, only go here if you can drop $100 on dinner. I had a delicious mocktail and the cobbler for dessert was sublime. Service was excellent this time. 4 stars.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Four of us dined here on 6/24/18. We thought there'd be lines out onto the street but we got a table right away. We brought our own prosecco for Mimosas which was nice. The atmosphere is pleasant and we stayed for hours talking with our friends, and were not pressured to leave. We mostly had breakfast / brunch items which were good but not great.

Date of visit: June 2018