“Great place to stay, Best value by far! With 1 major business trip flaw..”

Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Toronto
“Great place to stay, Best value by far! With 1 major business trip flaw..”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Pros:
Great size of rooms! I stayed at corner room. Nothing more I could ask for for business/family trip. Great cardio machines and pool. Awesome breakfast! As far as amenity, cleanliness, comfort (bed is great and comfy), space, all thumbs up!!

Cons:
1. Internet speed!! Tried wireless/wired both are S-L-O-W...
I'm in I.T business, so I tested the download/upload rate. After 5 tests of "wired" internet, average download speed was 240k/sec and upload 300k/sec. Never seen where upload is higher than download rate. Just did another one, and it's around midnight, result came up with 242k/sec and 208k/sec respectively. I'm assuming the hotel probably using cable OR DSL Light package.

Unfortunately this is a BIG minus for me as I cannot get reliable/consistent connection for any of my remote sessions/VPN access. To do this well, the speed has to be consistent at no lower than 500k/secs download rate.

2. Swipe key card had to be change 3x and TV remote batteries had to be replaced. They need to check w/batteries for these 2 items.

Room Tip: Choose corner south side rooms if possible. Quieter and more space.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Da M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Brookline,MA
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I came in for an event at the Meadowlands. The front desk staff greeted us warmly and were extremely helpful in giving us directions to Met Life Stadium and the Shop Rite nearby.
The amenities in the room and cleanliness are impeccable. The indoor pool was large enough for a good swim and was very clean.(Not like some other hotels we have been.)
There is a big drawback to staying here and that as others have mentioned is the location right off a main highway which you need to suddenly pull over 2 lanes onto fast oncoming traffic. When I mentioned this to the front desk the staff suggested that I pull into the Exxon station a little past the hotel which gives you access to the Hampton Inn. I tried this once and the turn was a bit safer.
Be forewarned that Breakfast ends promptly at 10:00AM.
Otherwise this was a good stay. The beds are comfortable and the air conditioning worked fine.
They should upgrade their tv from Analog to HD in the rooms. The screen is large enough but doesn't look well in analog.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BBrookline,MA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was very happy with this hotel the rooms are big and always clean. Hot breakfast is very good and its only 5 min from the GW bridge perfect since I was always is NY. Hotel staff are helpful and polite. Only thing I would recommend to the hotel is that they should add more tables for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank doublej129
ann arbor, Michigan, USA
Reviewed July 19, 2012

If your there for a NYC trip it is close the George Washington Bridge 10 min by car. very clean, friendly service, great breakfast, there is coffee ,tea,apple & orange juice, apples/fruit all day and night in lobby (a nice touch) mini fridge, microwave in room makes it a great place to stay. entering hotel from 46 can be a challenge but go to gas station entrance, on the way back from nyc going west on 46 i just would pass the hotel and go to laurel st and turn around and go back east on 46 it was usually late with not much traffic when we returned to hotel so it was very easy instead of the big loop that GPSsends you on. I WOULD FOR SURE STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: if you are parking in NYC. print a coupon go to google nyc parking coupon http://nyc.centralparking...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dominic a
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed in a beautifully renovated king room - very modern with lovely wood wall unit. The breakfast truly had something for everyone. But...you take your life in your hands if you're coming from Route 46 East. Luckily, when we checked-in during rush hour we were coming from NJ Turnpike. We did have to go out, but our return was around 11:00 pm so we were able to cross the ramp traffic with no problem. I would strongly advise travelers to take the extra time to go to the service station and approach from the NJ Turnpike. The hotel is literally at the bottom of the exit ramp.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank black325
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had a conference in the next town in the Sheraton, but that hotel was already booked so we looked for another hotel nearby. Having recently had a positive experience at another Hampton Inn, we booked it here.

We had a really positive experience. The entire hotel is renovated now, and every room has a clean, modern look with terrific TERRIFIC beds. Okay, I'm going to re-emphasize that last piece again....the beds are truly TERRIFIC. I have severe insomnia and probably get about 4 broken hours of sleep a night at home; these rooms were so serene with beds that just made you sink into the cushion-yness of them all. Fantastic.

The rooms have generous-sized mini fridges and microwaves, which were helpful during our weeklong stay. The breakfast has lots of options (although I would probably steer clear of the oatmeal if I were you - trust me on this!) and my absolute favorite option was the "to go" breakfast bags which were wonderful on our last day when we were late for our meeting. Coffee and tea were always available in the lobby, which was terrific for a caffeine-junky like myself.

Now the cons: I won't repeat the comments of the terrible location, but I agree with them and the fact that you must take care to turn off the busy street into the driveway. The wifi is kind of slow. We had a room facing the highway, so there was some noise from the traffic but I feel that the room was noise-proofed enough that it didn't really bother us. If you think it'll bother you, request a room on the other side.

About us: We're well-traveled and critical. And still, I thought that this hotel was clean, with a friendly staff, and terrific perks (breakfast, to-go bags, swimming pool, little fitness center); we would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank EdgeofExistence
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed May 9, 2012

WE, a family of four and my kid, who is 4yr old, we stayed at the Hamptons in NJ. We were visting NewYork for 4 days and hence I had booked this Hotel for about 3 nights. Surprisingly the Stay, the accommodation, the breakfast, the strategic location ...which is bang off the Freeway, all was a plus-plus!!!! We got a recently renovated room and the room was true value for the money!!!! Clean, Prim and Proper!!!! The bed was comfortable,cosy and sufficient enough for two adults and a kid on the bed. The room included, microwave and refrigerator and kids channels on TV, this was a major plus.The furnishings were bright and state-of-the-art!!!! Special credits to the designer...The breakfast was a generous platter, especially the choc-chip cupcakes were awesome...my kid loved them. All three days there was a variety of egg preparations...The another generous and very warm gesture by the Hamptons was, in the evening...The coffee pot was still hot. Besides the fruit basket,Cereals and other small eatables never found their way back on shelf. They were always on the table...so after a tiring sight seeing day, a warm cup of coffee when back "home" was very relaxing...Guess what, the coffee creamer also had many options to choose from, Hazelnut, Vanilla cream etc. The staff was very pleasing and cooperative...HIgh Five to the Hamptons!!!!! It's just 20mns drive back into Manhattan....Will definitely take it up on my next visit. Keep up guys,,,you are awesome!!!!,

Room Tip: The hotel will have completed its renovation completely in about 2 months, but ask for a renovated r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sima1104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#2 of 6 in Fort Lee
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands

Been to Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!