“Amazing Mediterranean Food - and equally good the next day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sparta Taverna

Sparta Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a casual, family style restaurant. When you dine with us, you will feel like home. What makes us different: WE CARE.At our restaurant you can Dine in, Take out, and for your convenience we offer Free Delivery. We are open 7 days a week for Lunck and Dinner.All food is prepared fresh daily by Chef/Owner George Gouveris.Our mission is to provide our customers with the best quality of food, service, and overall value.
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Amazing Mediterranean Food - and equally good the next day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I were looking for something other than the traditional pizza for takeout. I stumbled upon Sparta Taverna and decided to give them a try since they delivered. Their website was extremely convenient for ordering from. The delivery time was reasonable. The service was friendly. The food arrived appropriately hot or cold.

My husband and I split a greek salad. It was excellent. Plenty for two people as a side salad. My husband mopped up all the dressing with his pita bread. I'd highly recommend the salad.

We also split an appetizer of taziki (sp?). Again, I was impressed. There was plenty of pita bread. We had tatiziki left over and I used it the next day as a dip for breadsticks. I can't wait to order it again.

My husband had a gyro wrap. It had french fries on it - which he wasn't expecting. It was plenty of food and he was only able to eat half of it. He said it tasted really good.

I ordered the falafel pita wrap. Again, I was impressed. The falafel was well cooked and moist - not dry. The flavors were fresh. I couldn't finish mine, either and had enough for a small lunch the next day.

Over all, I'd highly recommend this restaurant and it's definitely on my list of places to try again.

• Visited January 2012

Ridgefield park, NJ
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

the food is out of this world...i love indian cuisine, and this place is great...great prices, great food and great seating...i strongly suggest you try this place, it's worth it....

Pennsylvania
“A Cut Above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

My wife and I love Indian food. The food at Nawab was noticeably better than most Indian food that we have sampled, due to the delicate blend of spices. We arrived at mid-afternoon, so the restaurant was empty. The service was good, the waiter was very attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The poppadoms were very light and crisp, and the tamarind and mint sauces were very spicy and flavorful. I had the ginger cauliflower soup ($4.00), which contained fresh chopped ginger, and was wonderful. My wife ordered her usual drink, a mango lassi ($2.95) and Nawab's was even better than usual, due to its full fruity flavor. My wife ordered the lamb pasanda ($15.00), which was apricot-filled grilled lamb in a cashew and saffron sauce, and was extremely flavorful. I ordered the goat biryani ($15.00), basmati rice, goat meat, flavored with saffron, nuts, and raisins. The meat was very tender, and was falling off the bones. The only thing that I did not like was that there were small bones included in the dish, so I had to be very careful eating it. These hot spicy dishes were served with a platter of yogurt. We ordered garlic naan ($3.00), which was very good. They have a very nice selection of various naan to choose from. In fact, their menu is quite extensive. The portions were very generous and we took a lot of left-overs with us. Total cost of the meal was $41.00, without the tip. Very nice place to visit for very flavorful Indian food.