“Excellent.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
NC
“Excellent.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Various family members and I stayed here while my wife underwent a lung transplant in Manhattan. The hotel is clearly well managed, as it is very clean and the employees are very polite and helpful. Every request was met with a can do attitude and a prompt response. Very impressed so far, we're here for another week at least and so I will update this if need be. So far after 3 nights very very pleased. Don't miss breakfast. While it is a shade pricey, the food is tasty and good quality. The hostess Daniella is very attentive and friendly, say hi to her!

• Stayed September 2013
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I appreciate your comments, and know that the staff here tries very hard to make each stay a memorable one. Our guests are the most important part of our business, so thank you for choosing us. Hopefully you will be back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Reedsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. I changed my mind at the last minute and they were very accommodating because I had booked it online for the first night and by the time we arrived we even checked in early. I was surprised to read on here before my trip that the staff was rude because everyone was extremely nice and the kids really enjoyed talking with the blonde at night she had a really good sense of humor. My few complaints with this place would definitely be the housekeeping. For a fancy hotel like this I would have expected it to be clean when we got there. There was chips back under the bed and an electronic cigarette box so apparently they didn't sweep the floors to good. The jacuzzi was very nice but the indoor pool was too cold to even enjoy it. This hotel is not around anything so I would recommend bringing snacks because the snacks here were very pricey in this hotel. It was nice to have the bus pick us up right at the hotel but its a mess trying to figure out which bus you need to get on when you leave the city and for a family of 4 it was $36 a day for us which isn't the hotels fault it's just something to consider if you are not to familiar with NYC. I would stay here again but next time I'm going to be checking closer into the city because with this place being only 7 miles like it said it took awhile to get to the city and if you have tickets to places you would be late and the bus they pack it full so you stand and you have to hold on pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Really great experience. We were visiting New York with a group and stayed at this hotel. The bed was so comfortable we fell asleep right away and felt refreshed. The quality of the bathroom products, service, breakfast etc. is A+ The bus stopped right in front of our hotel so we could come and go as we please

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Atlantic City
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel was clean and well kept. The employees were nice. It specifically caters to Samsung travelling employees, whose corporate headquarters are across the street. This means it is actually busier during the week than the weekend. The breakfast was generically good. The bar was terrible and expensive (the weekend bartender what clueless). They don't carry sweet or dry vermouth? So you can't have a Martini or Manhattan? What can I say, go figure. You do need to drive to go out to dinner and the area is like much of North Jersey, confusing, but generally manageable. Expect for the potential to get lost on occasion. The one real upside if you have kids, there is possibly one of the most awesome playgrounds ever, right down the street. I won't likely be going back to that area, but you really can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Ask to a top floor on the right side of the hotel, away from the highway (NJ Turnpike). The highway...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We take great pride in our guest service and try to make each stay memorable. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for several nights while attending a conference at Columbia University in NYC. I thought I would save some $ and stay in NJ. The hotel is literally on 95 which is convenient, but very noisy at night. My morning commute to the conference, which should take 20 minutes, has been miserable and long. While this is not a fault of the hotel, I would just pay the difference next time to be over the GW bridge in the morning if you need to be in the city. The hotel has nothing around it to do and there are no restaurants within walking distance. The hotel itself is just okay. The lobby is clean, employees not overly welcoming. I tried to enjoy the pool and hot tub, but it was full of unsupervised children being very loud and disrespectful to other guests using the facilities. I used to the gym... it was very small, but I was the only person there. The rooms are standard. However, after requesting a non-smoking room, I arrived to a room with an ashtray which makes me think I was put in the wrong place. I called to check and I was assured the ashtray was a mistake, but I find this hard to believe. The room has an odd smell.... kind of old, not clean and welcoming. I found the bed very lumpy and uncomfortable. I did appreciate the free internet. The pavilion pantry was not well stocked and did not even have anything for a headache. Overall, I probably would not stay here again. I would pick somewhere with more to do in the immediate area or just stay in NYC. If you just need somewhere to sleep and you are not too picky, then it would probably be okay for you.

Room Tip: not facing 95
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Adam G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks for your response, I am eager to hear more about your experience here. Please, when time permits give me a call to discuss the details of your stay. My number is 201-641-2024 Ext 4003. If I can remedy any of these issues for you, I would be happy to do that. My goal is every guest's 100% satisfaction. As you can see fom the other reviews, we typically get high marks. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July in order to visit New York city. The hotel was excellent, clean with a modern lobby. Our room (kingsize bed room) was spacious and clean, with a microwave and a mini fridge. We had a great time at the indoor pool, which was very clean, too, and the little patio adjacent to it. The front desk staff was very polite, helpful and friendly. There is a bus station located just in front of the hotel's parking lot which takes you to the "Port Authority Bus Station" in New York city within 20-30 minutes. From there you can take the metro and go wherever you want in the city. It's very, very convenient. Ask the front desk to give you the bus schedule. Overall, we are very satisfied with our stay at Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield Park, and we'll definitely stay there next time we want to visit the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your kind words in your review. The managers and staff work tirelessly to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Please see us again when in the area next, we appreciate your business!
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My last visit was outstanding, the service from the staff is outstanding. Customer service and housing keeping staff went out their way to make my stay outstanding. I had forgotten some amenities at home they were able to replace them quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to taking care of you on your next visit to the area. Seeing reviews like this is the payoff for the hard work and dedication the team provides. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!