“Great option for visiting NYC.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Great option for visiting NYC.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We checked in very late for our one night stay and the employees were very understanding. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room was on the top floor and we did have a lot of noise from A/C/Heat units and the New Jersey Turnpike. Other than that my only complaint was that the curtains for the room did not block out much light. We had breakfast at the hotel, 11.95 for all you can eat. It was very good and I would highly recommend it. Bus picks you up right outside of the hotel, $8.50 round trip into NYC.

Room Tip: Avoid the top level and the turnpike side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited NYC for 5 days to Christmas shop and see the Christmas lights, etc. This hotel works out perfectly. If you don;'t want to spend $400 per night and don';t mind a small amount of bus inconvenience stay at the Jersey Hilton Garden Inn. The bus arrives directly outside the hotel and except for rush hour, which should be avoided, arrives on time. The price $139 including breakfast is a great price. The hotel is clean, quiet, nicely decorated and includes a great breakfast buffet. Plus no fee for parking. Will definitely stay here on future trips.

Room Tip: Some other review commented on the turnpike noise, but we didn't think it was an issue
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy G, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Robin, thanks for the review! We are glad that you found our location to be convenient for your trip to the city, and are glad you felt that we were a great value, as well. We look forward to your next visit.
Schaghticoke, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

First, the positives -- and there are many. We were visiting NYC for a weekend to see a show, Christmas lights, etc. The weekend was one of the two busiest of the year in NYC, so hotels there are crazy-priced, plus we were driving. This location, very close to NYC, fit perfectly. It's right on the top end of the Jersey Turnpike, allowing a very short drive to Secaucus Junction and the train to Penn Station. (Also, for those who would prefer, a bus to Port Authority stops near the hotel, though it does not run as late or often as the train.) The room was clean, the staff friendly, the breakfast buffet good. The pool was small but nice and the spa nice and hot. For my preferences when traveling, alone or with family, that's spot on.

Now, the issue, which in the end appears to be primarily the fault of Hilton reservations and/or corporate and not the property: The rate booked on the Hilton website for a party of 3 was the "Holidays Heart Promo." The rate rules are "you get breakfast, HGI and Feeding America will help provide meals to families in need." Nowhere does it state in the rate rules that not all guests get breakfast, but on arrival we were told the rate only includes breakfast for two, and you pay for the third. On checkout, I asked for the manager on duty, who stated that it was not the hotel's fault, but rather HGI reservations' issue in not being clear with rates. He did refund $15 in cash (note that this was less than two days' breakfast cost). A call to Hilton customer service got the opposite response: they stated that the online rate rules are provided by the property and it is their responsibility. I later learned that the breakfast promo (which is a chain-wide promotion) is intended to be for up to two adults plus up to 2 young children, but that you would never know that from the rate rules available when booking. Rather, you would have to know to go to the HGI website's main page - which you never see if you search for properties starting at Hilton.com -- and then look at the information on the page advertising this promotion.

I certainly realize glitches happen, but for a chain that has a slogan of "we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you’re satisfied, or you don’t pay," this seems not to be in line with the slogan or the perspective I've seen with HGI in the past.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I realize that there was some confusion with the breakfast promotion that you had booked when staying at my hotel. Inf act I was the manger that spoke with you and attempted to resolve the situation. During our conversation I was not aware that you had stayed multiple nights with us thus the reason that only $15 was returned to you. That was an oversight on my part and I do apologize for that.
I hope that the confirmation of the information I provided you will eliminate any confusion on future reservations.
Near Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here back in April. It is a very nice hotel/ we had a very nice room/ quite hotel because it is near a movie theather and a bunch of businesses. The pool is really nice and a very clean hotel. Definetly recommend staying there and if your heading into NYC you can save alot of money by staying over in New Jersey.

Room Tip: If you want a pool, pick Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park,New Jersey!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Great to hear!!! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our pool and relax a bit. Being in this office complex has its advantages and providing a quite a quite area certainly is one of them.
Along with the many other things that we work very hard at, we pride ourselves on 2 things...friendliness and cleanliness. I appreciate that you specifically mention that the hotel was clean...its working!!
I hope that you visit us again and thank you for recommending to the Trip Advisor world that they should try us too!!
Thanks again,
Kimberton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I roomed here one night after being driven here from State College, PA, yes it was one long drive, for my very first job interview. The company put us in this hotel, and since it was my first professional experience, i enjoyed it. Facilities were clean, as was the room, and the staff were very nice. I thought it was nice that they had a chef there who made breakfast to order. So i ordered an egg white omelet, and it was pretty good, though i do think they put too much cheese in it. The only problem i had with the room, was the the ethernet cable didn't work with my laptop, but i was able to get the wireless working, so it's not too big a deal. Overall, i had a nice stay here

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor universe!! I'm glad to read that you had a good stay with us. My goal is to continuously improve what we do and how we do it so your feedback is a valuable tool for me in that process.
Your feedback about your breakfast experience and Internet access are disappointing to hear. I have already shared your feedback with my culinary team and I have assigned my engineering team to test Internet connectivity in all guest rooms through the use of the Ethernet cable.
Your feedback helps us get better and I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments here...thank you again!!
I hope that if in our area, you will stay with us again...And I hope that your interview went well!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting the Tri-State area on business; I was there are four nights. I booked the hotel through HiltonHHonors.com for the points.

First impressions were a spacious and welcoming lobby. The rooms were clean and featured new or recently updated amenities (e.g., the newest style door locks I've seen to date). There is free wi-fi through out the hotel, including the rooms. There is a very nice walking/running trail/park a few hundred feet from the parking lot of the hotel - a nice way to start the morning. There is also a small fitness center with several treadmills if the weather isn't to your liking. An early morning work-out will be good preparation for the bountiful breakfast buffet (omelets included).

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - I had several packages sent to the hotel during my stay and they were eager to rummage through the package room on my behalf.

The biggest downfall, especially for those with business in the city, is the location. The hotel, though very new and affordable, is still a solid 35-45 minute drive (poss' longer) to the city depending upon bridge/tunnel traffic and your ultimate destination. Each night I returned to the hotel from the city by Towncar (Dial7.com), it cost me between $70-95 a ride (one-way) - something to consider when you're choosing this hotel for it's competitive rate. That being said, if you're in town visiting Samsung Electronics Regional HQ's, you really can't get any closer without the hotel being *inside* the Samsung's building.

Pros:
-Great beds (firm)
-Free WiFi
-Nice breakfasts
-Running/exercise trail
-Across the street from regional HQ's of large Korean conglomerates

Cons:
-Location (to NYC)
-Location (to NYC)
-Location (to NYC)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank midnyterambla
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review here ion TripAdvisor. Overall, it seemed that you enjoyed your stay with us, aside from teh time it took you to get in and out of New York. I agree, traveling in and out of New York can be challenging even given that we are located about 5 miles from Times Square. Unfortunately I would say that getting in and out of New York posses the same challenges that most major cities pose. I can tell you from experience that I have been able to get into New York from this hotel is less than 15 minutes. I can also verify that it has taken me over an hour to make that same trip.
On future trips I would receommend taking advantange of teh New Jersey Transit bus that leaves from right outside our building and goes into Port Authority in the Times Square area. The scehdule, depnding on the day of week, runs about every hour and is $4.25 per adult each way. It's truly a much easier and more inexpensive way to travel to New York.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Service is good has food which good. Nice Breakfast . Pool & Gym. Not much around to dd with out getting a cab and anything close is $12 each way. Would be much better if they had a shuttle to take you to local places. Most hotels do have a local shuttle. There is great Korean dining near.
Hotel needs better showers with more pressure and warmer water. Water does not get hot.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments with me, I apprecaite your feedback. I agree, we are somewhat isolated, but with that said, the local area is a bit thin on attractions other than New York City of course.
We do offer shuttle service within a 2 mile radius of the hotel which would get you into downtown Ridgefield Park where there are some shops and dining options.
I will ceratinly look into both the water pressure and water temperature. If we have the ability to safely adjdress either or both issues, I wll.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!