“Good stay and friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here recently on a trip to NYC with the family. Big, clean room. Breakfast was fast and hot. Dining area was a little small and was getting crowded as we were leaving. Pool and exercise areas were clean and well maintained. Overall a very nice hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

I'm glad to read that you had a positive experience withus, thank you for sharing your feedback here. There are times, I agree, that we could use a bigger dining room, but we do the best we can with what we have. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast adn were able to take advantage of our indoor pool.
I hope if you return to our area you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Booked here for our last 2 nights of touring around New England. Clean and very comfy but lacking in personality. Right by many many roads and nothing within walking distance.
Pool and jacussi great as is the patio area just by that.
Ate in the 1st night and really nothing to get excited about.
Breakfast was a shambles.. No tables free and although we were assured by a waitress that she would clear one for us by the time we had got our breakfast.....20 minutes later with our food cold she eventually returned( after helping many other guests)Apparently no cutlery.!!!! If we had been told that we would have waited a while. As it was we had a cold and soggy and unenjoyable breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. In reading your comments it looks like overall, your stay with us was good, but not without issue. Breakfast is an important part of the guest experience and we clearly failed to execute that experience to either of our standards and for that I apologize.
Be assured that your feedback will be used to help us improve our breakfast service, so thank you for sharing it with me.
We'll be looking forward to your return and enjoying a fresh, delicous breakfast with us.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is very nice- looks brand new. Service is great. Workers are really nice and friendly. Very clean and the food is really good!! The area is nice but public tranportation and walking is tough. Need a car! Def reccommend it tho!!!! Loved it

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for sharing your knid words here on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are just over 3 years old and work hard to make sure that we provide a clean and friendly hotel each and every stay.
I agree that a car does make getting around this area much easier. New Jersey Transit does have bus service that is an affordable and convenient option to driving into NYC and we can provide that information should you need it on your next visit to us.
Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your staying with us again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of the best looking Hilton Garden Inns that I've ever seen. However, when I arrived at the front desk around 11pm after a delayed flight, they magically ran out of rooms (overbooked). They had to move me to another hotel 15 minutes away. I did book a couple of weeks earlier, and I hadn't realized that the practice of overbooking is not just limited to airlines.

I wasn't sure if I should give 1 star while I didn't stay at this hotel. However, when you're tired after a long trip, isn't the essence of hospitality that there is a room available to relax and be rested for the early meeting the next morning? I think so. Therefore: 1 star.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel when you could potentially be arriving late at night.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jep C

I understand your frustration and respect your right to express that frustartion. I apologize that you had that experience with us.
As you mention, it is a common practice for airlines to overbook their flights, but other industries do as well. With that said, it is a delicate balance, and we need to make sure that we do our very best to ensure that our guests are taken care of, whether it be at our hotel or at a neighboring hotel.
Again, I apologize for your experience.
Regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very impressed with hotel. Very clean, had class. Especially enjoyed the mattress which is like a sleep number, You can adjust from firm to soft. Pillows were absolutely dreamy, and quilt was plush and cozy(wish I could've taken them all home with me !). Had a really comfortable night there. Had bath and body works shampoo,lotion, etc. and neutrogena bar soap.You rarely ever see that in a moderately priced hotel. Stayed in room 304 and liked it a lot. The bus to New York downtown runs every 20 min. and is right on the street outside the hotel. I would definitely recommend and stay here again ! P.S. My room was ready at 11 a.m. and they gave it to me then ! Very accomodating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

The beds are great aren't they?? The bed is designed specifically for the Hilton Garden Inn brand and is called the Garden Sleep System (GSS). You are exactly right, similar to other adjustable beds, the GSS allows you to adjust the firmness of each side of the bed. Sounds like you had a good nights sleep which is awesome!
Driving into NYC is expensive and can be both a hassle and stressful. The New Jersey Transit bus is convenient and affordable.You just hop on, sit back, and let someone else do the driving...next stop NYC!
Thank you for your kind words and I appreicate not only that you would return to stay with us, but that you would recommend us to a freind.
We are looking forward to your next visit, so until then...be well.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had the worst hotel experience of my life at this pathetic excuse of what they call a Hilton. The staff is composed of unprofessional 20-25 year old's that do not know anything about quality customer service. If you just need a bed then this hotel is ok but if God forbid you need ANYTHING... and I mean ANYTHING at all... it is all downhill from there. This hotel is also NOT clean. AT ALL. There were small bugs in the room wandering around when we left in the morning. I was so furious with the hotel that I did not even complain in their faces. I went home and called directly to Hilton. They really need to re-staff this hotel and improve it because nobody in their right mind would stay there a second time. The manager is always on a permanent vacation and is "not available at the moment". After I complained they had 72 hours to contact me and "make amends" they made up a story that they talked to me and that they took care of it already. I called back and was told this and I pretty much raised hell. Following all of this I finally ended up getting a refund because even the people at the Hilton customer service realized what a bunch of incompetent jokes the staff of this hotel was.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ioio H

Let me start by apologizing for the experience that you had at my hotel. Although your feedback is unpleasant to read, it provides me an opportunity to improve what we do and how we do it so thank you for sharing it with me.
I have to admit that your experince comes as a surprise to me. We have a well documented track record of being both a very clean and friendly hotel here on TripAdvisor, as the large majority of the other responses reflect, earning us a 4.5 out of 5 overall rating.
You mention that you were "so furious with the hotel that I did not even complain in their faces." In the future, please don't hesitate to bring an issue forward. We can't fix what we don't know is broken. Bringing the issue up while you are in the hotel gives us the chance to fix it BEFORE you leave and probably would have changed all that has unfolded since.
I will ceratinly speak with my team concerning your being told that I "was unavailable at the moment." Although I was out of the office for a 2 week period of time, someone could have dealt with and corrected your issue.
If you feel there is anything more you would like to discuss, I would be happy to do so and I will make myself available at your convenience. I can be reached by contacting the hotel directly.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Had a great stay, clean, great service and staff, really nice rooms, comfy beds, favorite samsung flat sc stores storesreens! Fridge and microwave are super convenient! There is just nothing near it, no restaurants or shopping!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. We work hard to provide a clean and friendly hotel and I'm gald that both meet your expectations.
I have to agree, there aren't many dinning or shopping options in the immediate area, but we do have some worthwhile options within a 15 minute drive of us and that doesn't even include New York. We also have a newly opened park, Overpeck Park, which has basketball courts, softball/baseball fields, walking trails, a lake, and a playground for the kids.
I hope that if you stay with us again, you will be able to take advantage of those nearby options.
Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you back with us again soon,.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!