“Very Nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Westville, NJ
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I recently stayed here with my teen daughter, niece and infant son. It was a one nighter but we had a very nice time. Asked for late checkout and was easily accommodated. I found the hotel online as we were coming to the area from South Jersey for an event. While I did not enjoy the event we attended I loved the Hilton Garden Inn. Bed was soft but firm (never knew this was possible). Marble counter-tops throughout the room, LCD tv was a little tricky to work because when you first go thru the list of channels it has maybe 20 or so channels by accidently hitting another button on the remote in the dark I was able to get an expanded lineup of cable channels such as TNT, Foodnetwork, HGTV etc.

Staff was very friendly and unobtrusive. The pool was smaller then many places but it was nice and clean. The hot tub was the foamiest I have ever seen at first I thought someone had put soap in there but as soon as the jets go off it settles down. The gym was very small a few pieces of standard equipment but there was no wait so the size didn't interfere with our enjoyment.

Breakfast not included and since we slept in we didn't have a chance to try it. Prices were reasonable 11.99 for adults 4.99(??) for those 18 and under. I did not use room service either but the menu was reasonably priced.

I have been to better and worst. In the North Jersey area it was a bargain price at 145 with taxes from Hotels.com as others were cheaper or the same in price but had some really bad ratings. Of the 30+ hotels in my price range I looked at before booking this was one of the ones with the fewest terrible ratings and I do see why.

The hotel is not centrally located to shops, stadiums, etc but is right off the highway and within a few miles of all of these things. The view is of the highway or office buildings but again I didnt go there for the view like I would of in NYC, Miami, Orlando, or other places

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nirie1
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your comprehensive and flattering review of our hotel and your stay. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed yourself and I hope based on this stay that you will be returning to see us again soon.
Until your return, be well and thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor world!!
Best regards,
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here numerous times. Always clean and staff are always friendly. Can walk to a movie theatre but have to drive to restaurants. I stay here a lot when i work in the nyc area. The cost is much less than if i stay in the city and the parking is free.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank epfan4evr
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Never disappointed is what we like to hear...thank you! Cleanliness and friendliness are the pillars of a good hotel and it sounds like that are a couple of the reasons that you choose to stay with us.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay with us.
Be well,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

The staff at the HGI Riedgefield Park were very professional and took extra steps to provide great customer service. Clean and friendly. The location is perfect if you want to spend time in and around NYC without paying the high costs of staying in Manhattan. You should consider this location for those reasons. It's also just a stones throw from the Main Street in Ridgefield Park which offers nice restaurants. Great value and location at this property.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the interstate are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
It's great to read that you had such a great stay with us. We pride ourselves on 2 things...friendliness and cleanliness and it looks like mission accomplished!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and with the traveling world!!!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon...
Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Its clear this property has a service initiative underway, and its working. There are signs guaranteeing customer satisfaction in the elevators, the staff is kind and friendly, and the property looks great. Housekeeping had even turned the towels in the bathroom into a swan, very cute. I used the gym, and while not huge, it met my needs. Towels on every machine, and headphones with additional ear covers was a nice touch.

On a previous review of this property i deemed the experience "unprofessional." I've chalked that up to an isolated incident.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Haynesjen
Let me start by thanking you for BOTH reviews that you shared with us. Feedback is a valuable tool and be assured that your previous feedback was used as part of our improvement process. First and foremost we are a hospitaility business so service is our top responsibility.
Reading the feedback from your most recent visit is ceratinly encouraging and will be shared with the rest of my team. Our process to improve what we do and how we do it is an ongoing process and one that we will continue to work hard at every day.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with both us and the Trip Advisor world.
Be well,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I had to book a room for my family at the last minute due to a funeral. From the minute we walked in EVERYONE was extremely friendly and helpful the front desk staff, the cleaning crew, our server in the morning, note the assistant gm even came and refilled our coffee. The room was spotless and bright. Fresh assorted drinks and cookies in the lobby which was also spotless. We even had a small maintenance issue that was our fault and they had a maintenance man up to our room immediately, he was super friendly and fixed the problem quickly. Food is average hotel fare, nothing exceptional here but clean with good service. Also, kids took advantage of the pool. We had it to ourselves both days sand it was immaculate. It is right off the turnpike which could be convenient ot not your thing depending on the person. I did not personally experience this but I did notice a few people wrote reviews that the room they confirmed was not what they got so I would triple check that.

• Stayed February 2012
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
I am sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you to our hotel. On behalf of the entire team here at the HGI Ridgefield Park, please accept our condolances on your loss.
I am happy to hear that despite the circumstances, you enjoyed your stay with us. Now that you have had the chance to experience our hotel I hope that you will return and stay with us again.
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing it with the Trip Advisor universe.
Regards,
N. Providence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed here overnight on 12/26. The staff was friendly, the room was immaculate. The kids enjoyed the pool...we were the only guests in it! It is right off the highway and only 15 minutes or so away for NYC. We ate a yummy breakfast and the kids ate for FREE! Also, it is only 10 minutes away from Hoboken NJ and we made a stop at Carlos' Bakery for lobster tails before we went into the city to marvel at all the Christmas Decorations. It was a great mini-vacation, one in which we will be coming back next year to do again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
It's great to hear about your stay. We work hard to provide at least 2 things when you stay with us...a friendly staff and a clean hotel. We provide many services, but the foundation that we build upon is friendliness and cleanliness.
Hope that you stay with us again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We, 3 adults and three children, decided to head to New York for New Years' eve on a lark. Being last minute and all, and having scoured all web sites for hotel room rates, we decided upon this property simply because we did not fancy spending $700 plus a night on a room. The reviews of the Ridgefield Park HGI were all in all good so we gave it go.

We arrived early about 11ish after a 10 hour drive from Toronto and were very pleasantly surprised to be given our room key. The room, with two queen sized beds, was adequately sized, clean and had all the amenities. The only issue I had was that there was no complimentary water which made it difficult the first night. The bathroom was clean and big and had bath tub; which I found strange. Who has a bath any way these days! Showers are the way to go!

The property is situated near the Interstate so the first couple of hours, I found it a challenge to get used to the noise from the highway so try and keep away from the rooms closer to the interstate. However, once that passed, sleeping was no problem.

Breakfast was abundant and varied. The wait staff very friendly. The children ate for free and gobbled up every thing and then some.

So all in all, it is a great property and very close to Manhattan. About 20 minutes by car on the George Washington and about 2 hours :( via the Lincoln. Do not take the Lincoln into Manhattan. We spent two hours just getting across but I expect it was 5 30pm and the world was heading into town for dinner. So serves us right.

Go and stay at the HGI in Ridgefield Park for your next visit to NYC.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms closer to the interstate. A bit noisy!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
It's great to hear that you had such a good stay with us and that you feel that your stay was a good value as well. At the end of the day, it's all about feeling like you got your money's worth and I'm pleased to hear that you feel like you did!!
Thank you for the very kind words and the recommendation!!
Hope that you visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!