“Stayed again, always impressed”

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Hudson Valley
“Stayed again, always impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

I reviewed earlier this year for a short stay. Stayed more over the past 2 weeks. It continues to be a excellent property. I took advantage of the free breakfast as a Hilton Honors Gold member. The staff there is very friendly, the chef makes excellent on demand omlettes and pancakes. A good variety of cut up fruits, eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, and juices.

One impressive thing I wanted to update my review with. Much of the area was hard hit my a 'freak' snow storm that left many areas without power. So, the hotel was over run with area residents seeking power and rooms. The breakfast area was swamped. However, the hotel staff did am amazing job of keeping everfything flowing, food stocked, tables cleared. It was an 'all hands on deck'. The maintenance/building engineering crew was on hand in the breakfast and helping deliverv the omlettes, clearing tables.. I was very impressed!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Always nice to hear from a happy guest and a repeat one at that!! I appreciate your staying with us again and especially appreciate your feedback considering the circumstances that made up that weekend. As often happens, a hotel can be a source of shelter for those in need and we were fortunate to have the power to do so. With that said, the challenges of that weekend were not lost on our operation. It was as you said, an "all hands on deck" weekend that certainly tested our team.
For the most part we were able to handle the influx, but again, I appreciate your mentioning those efforts. I will share your comments with the team.
Thank you again!
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I had recently stayed at Hilton in this particular location.
Very comfortable, nice and tidy.

Facility has all the necessary things including Free Wi-Fi in the room, Gym, and laundary room on the site.

The location may seemed little outskirt, however, conveniently located off the highway with little confusing in and outs.

I would recommend to stay again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! You're right, we are a bit off of the beaten path but believe that we are worth the trip. Sounds like you agree and that's great to hear!!
Thank you for staying with us and hope that you visit us again soon.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Very nice hotel. It was not perfect but I won't complain. The highway exit ramp is very tricky. I missed it the first time coming in at night but the following days I got the hang of it. Some towels had black "grease looking like" stains on them, it's my only complain. The breakfast was good. Get it as part of your stay to save time when visiting Manhattan. The pastries and croisents were not fresh but the made to order eggs and omlettes were perfect. Parking is plentiful. There's not much around the hotel except for Samsung and a cinema complex. It's a good base if you are visiting Manhatten. The wireless internet is amazing. Excellent wireless signal in my room. No need to plug in.

Room Tip: Add the breakfast option to save time.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
mghayward, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments! I have to agree with you...getting to us can be a challenge at times but I hope that you would agree with me when I say...it's worth the trip!. New Jersey has a reputation of being a tough state to drive in and getting to us does nothing to change that perception.
Now that you're an expert on finding us I hope that you will stay with us again should you be in our area.
Thank you again!
Sherrill, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Booked, received confirmation and paid in advance for a 2 Queen Room for 2 couples (daughters and spouses) a week ahead of time and personally checked in the day before with assurances that the room would be available. The morning of check-in was told that they would let me know as soon as a room was cleaned for early arrival before a day in NYC. Was called later and told no rooms, as reserved were available. Eventually offered a king room and rollaways (at midnight). Left and drove home without staying. No apology and took a significant period of time and numerous contacts to get a refund. Tried to contact manager directly, who seems to comment only on positive reviews or to make excuses, but was not able to get past the front desk person who answered the phone. Fortunately, Hilton Corporate did respond to my complaint and "comped" me a room at another Garden Inn. Per reviews, this seems to be common at this hotel (which is very nice by the way), where they book and confirm a specific type of room, then try to stick the customer with something less - note: guest who ended up sleeping on the floor. Not me !!!

Room Tip: not sure what to say, as they promise what you want and then try to give you something less
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I was dissappointed to read about your experience with us. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, friendly environment and clearly we failed to meet that minimum expectation and for that I do apologize.
We do our best to meet every guest request but unfortunately there are times that we are unable to. With that said, when we are unable to meet a request we clearly need to do a better good of communicating that and providing solutions if available.
I would be happy to discuss your experience with you at your convenience. I can be reached by phone at 201-641-2024 or via email at mhayward@hgiridgefieldpark.com.
I appreciate your feedback and hope that despite your past experience you might give us another opportuntiy to change your opinion of us.
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here on the first leg of our trip across eastern US. The hotel was new and didn't properly show in Google's satellite images, but I expected the place to be just like all the other HGI properties I've been to in the past. And sure enough, the room was a spitting image of one I stayed in California a year earlier -- and naturally everything in the room was very new.

Once you find yourself to Ridgefield the hotel is easy to locate, but it took us few tries to find the right exit. The hotel is surrounded by office buildings and parking is ample, so there isn't much to see in the area. This wasn't just a negative, as the area was really quiet and felt safe in the evenings -- something that seemed to be a problem with every other hotel I was considering alongside this one.

There is one movie theater which we didn't go to. The newly renovated Overpeck playground/park was within short distance, something that our family liked. It takes a bit more driving to get to the nearest malls and fast-food places so you do need a car or prepare to eat whatever they have at the hotel. Going to NYC we left our car and took the bus, which came on time and left us at the central station. Getting back from the city was just as easy so we didn't feel like we missed out by not staying near a PATH station or in the city.

The overall hotel experience was good and everything "just worked". Hilton Garden Inn hotels aren't executive class hotels in my opinion, just good upper-middle class, but all the more better because that meant the pool, gym, parking and wi-fi were complimentary. Our stay also included the breakfast, which turned out to be the best part of our stay.

Breakfast area had everything you could wish for from yogurts, juices, cereals to hot items like omelette's prepared by a chef. Service was excellent and the staff was really helpful in setting up the table for us and small children.

Overall for the price this is probably the best place to stay in the area. I would go so far as to say that if you have a layover of more than one night, drive the extra 30 minutes away from Newark and stay here instead of the airport hotels.

Room Tip: As far as I know, the views from any of the rooms aren't better than the others. We were facing...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
You're right...we are a "quiet gem." Close enough to th emajor highways that it makes getting to us convenient yet far enough to provide some traquility...the best of both worlds. The New Jersey Transit bus into NYC makes that trip quick and easy and the New Overpeck Park is really starting to come into its own. There are concerts and events throughout the spring, summer, and fall months which only add to its allure.
I appreciate your mentioning the breakfast staff and the quality of the breakfast experience. We pride oursleves on that experience and I'm glad to see you enjoyed it.
Please come and stay with us again if you get the chance. There's nothing quite like NYC in winter...
Thank you for your comments!
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed here this week during our trip to NYC. We were initially given a "smoking" room as we were told that was all that was available :( When we got to the room, the smoke scent was extremely strong so we called the front desk who said that they would send someone up right away. A lady from housekeeping came in no time and sprayed some neutralizer of some sort; however, because we knew this was only a temporary fix we went to the front desk and asked about changing the room again. This time we were accommodated, but both times the staff were really friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious. The bed was SUPER comfortable :)

The great thing is that there is a bus stop right outside the hotel and the NJ transit takes you to the Port Authority hotel in NYC. (Tip: Ask the front desk for the bus schedule) In less than 20 minutes we were in the city.

We woulddefinitely stay here again if we were going back to NYC!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the issue with being assigned a smoking room. Unfortunately there are times where we are not able to meet every guests request although we try to make sure that we do.
It was good to read that the issue was resolved and from that point on your stay with us was a good one. Also nice to see that you enjoyed your nights sleep on our Garden Sleep System (GSS). Those beds are great right?!
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the world and I hope that you stay with us again soon.
Clinton, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed here on a recent trip to NYC. Hotel was very clean, and easy to get to from the highway. The bed was very comfortable. If you want to go into the city, the best part about this hotel is that the NJ Transit bus comes right outside the door and drops you off at the Port Authority. The hotel staff provided me with a bus schedule that made it so easy to get back and forth. I'd stay here again. Much cheaper and roomier compared to a hotel in the city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
That's awesome to hear! Anytime that I can get feedback that says "Excellent"...I'll take it!
I appreciate your sharing your feedback with the world. We pride ourselves on providing great service and a great product and it sounds like that we accomplished.
Thank you for your feedback and I hope that will join us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!