“Nice, clean and easy to get to.”

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice, clean and easy to get to.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

A friend and I stayed here after a trip into NYC for the Buddy Walk. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The restaurant downstairs was a nice, quiet (at least on that night) place to sit and relax.

The only "issue" I had was when I requested some extra linens for the room I was told that was impossible as the housekeeping staff had left for the night. I really thought it was odd that the night clerk didn't have a way to access these things.

Other than that everything was great for the price and location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelingSue02
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate you sharing your positive experience here on Trip Advisor.
I hope that you stay with us again in the near future.
Thanks again!
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions without incident. On my last stay, I had booked three rooms as I was traveling with others from work, and attending a meeting at the hotel the next day. Upon arrival I was informed at the front desk that they had only two rooms for us, however, one of the rooms had two beds. Unacceptable. It took over 1.5 hours of the desk agent supposedly reaching out to the general manager of the hotel before we were accommodated with three rooms, two of them downgraded to smoking. Our reservation should not have been confirmed a week or so prior if the hotel did not intend to allocate us the reserved rooms. We also should have been given a courtesy call prior to our 9p arrival so we would have had the option to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I was dissappointed to read of your experiences during your stay with us. I was in fact contacted concerning the situation with your rooms, and I apologize that the situation took as long as it did to be resolved.
Through some retraining we are working towards expediting the resolution process should this circumstance occur again.
I appreciate your feedback and would encourage you to contact me directly should you need further assistance.
Thank you.
North Bergen, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family (wife + 1 year old daughter) for a week and a half and the Hotel was very nice compared to the price.
The only downfall that I had with this hotel was that the baby crib was a little wobbly and when I requested to replace it the other one was wobbly as well, they did not have anyone there who could tighten the screws and make it a little safer.

The location is close to the city if you are coming by car, a very short drive to the Washington bridge, but not much to do in the immediate area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a New York family reunion but didn't want to stay in NY because of the cost. This hotel was great even though we kept getting lost traveling back and forth. We are hotel snobs so we were extremely worried about getting a clean hotel. Since this was a new hotel, we took a chance. My husband and I and my parents shared a room. It was a little tight but we were always on the go. My grandkids and our daughter and son-in law had an adjoining room. My daughters's room was very spacious but she needed it because she has three active kids under 8 years. The kids loved coming into our room and seeing us in the morning. My daughter got the package where she paid a little extra for breakfast, which was very smart because there aren't restaurants close by. We finally had to end up paying the $12.00 to eat. The breakfast was fresh and very tasty. This hotel is extremely clean. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask if there's any handicap rooms available. They are larger especially in the bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Friendly staff, modern, clean facilities, great room and bed, convenient staff transportation to Manhattan, good price...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you! We are the newest hotel in this market and pride ourselves on maintaining a clean and friendly hotel. Our mission is simple...cleanliness and friendliness. I'm glad to see that you experienced both.
Please come back and stay with us again.
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for a quick weekend getaway. We took a bus from the port authority in New York City and was so thrilled to get dropped off at a stop directly outside of the Hotel! When we walked in we were welcomed by a lovely staff and had a perfect check-in. The entire hotel was very clean and the room was very nice. It was a short one night stay but it was close to everything, and we had no trouble getting a cab to and from the hotel and the new meadowlands stadium. If we come back for another Jets game, we will be sure to stay there!

Room Tip: Nice bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krb816
Isn't that bus service great! We are fortunate to have that NJ Transit stop right outside our door and I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of it's services.
As a Giants fan I can apprecaite our proximity to the newly named, MetLife Stadium and I hope that you do visit us again to see your Jets play. Seven more home games right??
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you do let us serve you again soon.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I generally like Hilton Garden Inns except for their service levels. This one hit the ball out of the park. Friendly and helpfull staff all around. It is a little hard to find at night so make sure that you have good directions . The pasta dish that I had was not too good and wouldn't order again.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's great to see that you had such a good time while with us. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team.
I appreciate your comments conerning your dinner experience as well. Any details that you can share about the pasta dish specifically would be helpful so that I know exactly where to focus my attention. I need to ensure that we execute every meal, every time and it appears that we dropped the ball with your pasta dish and for that I apologize.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you'll stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!