“Clean, Comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield Park
Reviewed March 23, 2011

In town for a meeting at Samsung. Clean comfortable rooms. Right off I95, so easy to find, however there is traffic noise all the time. Breadfast was made to order and a good value.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park. I'm glad to hear that your experience was a positive one and that you chose to share it here on Trip Advisor!!! Feedback is a tool that we use to improve so on behalf of the team here, thank you again!
I hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon.

Mark Hayward

Reviewed January 19, 2011

This hotel really met our expectations and beyond. The staff very very helpfull and friendly.
The hotel manager even helped me with some things before we even got there!
We had our wedding in Central Park, and they helped us out with anything we asked of.

There is a busstop 100m from the hotel that takes you in to Manhattan. It takes around 30 minutes (20-35 min). The hotel is just a couple of years old, so its very nice.

The breakfast were very good, they even cooked your omelette on order. And they had all different kind of continental food also.

I have nothing negative to say about to hotel if you dont mind a 30 min busride to Manhattan. We would love to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

I apologize for the delay in responding to your posting. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and on behalf of the entire team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park...Thank you for sharing your comments!!

Hope to see you back with us soon.

Mark Hayward

Reviewed December 21, 2010

We stayed at the hilton for 2 nights while we visited New york city. The hotel is really clean and the staff are wonderful.
The room was nice and big bathroom large and the bed was really comfortable.
to get to new york there is a schedule the staff give you and it picks you up right outside the hotel and then on your return trip from the big apple it leaves you again at the same stop. the cost is 4.50 per person each way It sure beats taking your car and looking for parking. Bus leaves you near time square.
We enjoyed the trip we went specifically for the Donny and Marie show It was great
The parking is large and it is free
We will return

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baghdadlian
mghayward, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

First off, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and every traveler visiting TripAdvsior!!!
I am fairly new in my current role, and wanted to just drop you a short note. I realize that your stay was in December, but it's never to late to say thank you so...thank you!!
I hope that if you travel to the Ridgefield Park area again you gives us another opportunity to serve you.
Mark

Reviewed November 25, 2010

I was a member of a three man audit team in which to perform an assessment on a local business. Time of stay, Nov 16-18-2010. 3 Days 2 nights.

High-points: Newer Hotel, very Bright and Cheery. Rooms large and comfortable. Cookies at the front desk was a nice touch.

Low Points:
A) Assigned room had an incessant buzz apparently traceable to a malfunctioning ventilation fan. The buzz permeated through the wall and onto the bed through the wall attached headboard. This made sleeping almost impossible especially when one started their day at 02:30 AM that morning. Upon contacting Hilton’s staff, received a “Not my yob!” along with you can discuss this with the GM in the morning. Could not change rooms since Hilton claims that they were “sold out” yet their parking lot did not show it. When questioned further, Hilton stated that Samsung who has a premise near by has all the rooms. Sleep was achieved for 1-2 hours by turning up the A/C fan and sleeping “feet first” away from the head board.
B) Next morning demanded a new room. Again was told that none were available since Samsung had the rooms booked.
C) Later that Afternoon, discussed the concern with the Assistent GM since the GM had left for the day. It was very apparent that I was holding him up and he really did not want to discuss this concern. Learned that I was a Mr. Nobody since for some odd reason my Hilton Honors profile was non-existent in their database. Again, Samsung was mentioned. However, concession was made and a new room had been assigned.
D) Upon transferring my belongings to the new room, noticed that the buzz had not been addressed so that the next weary road warrior would be exposed to the same situation.
E) New room was noisy from the NJ turnpike.
F) Restaurant was good but very pricey. Breakfast was not included in the room charge and had to pay a hefty $12.79 price tag for breakfast. I wonder if Samsung had to pay this price?
G) Be prepared to be thrown a curve due to Samsung’s presence by Korean TV channels and Newspaper in the lobby. Yet we were in NJ USA!
H) Room was very pricey and due to the noise, not really worth the price.

Hilton was a disappointment Room noise, second class treatment to Samsung Employees and high cost. Perhaps, Hilton’s management should obtain a copy of Gandhi’s “Who is a Customer” and apply his comments across the entire customer base and not Samsung’s.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Qualitybeek
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stayed in our last day in New Jersey since the other hotel that we were staying in NYC was full for Sat. The hotel was easy to find for the cab since is right by the NJ Turnpike. The hotel looks brand new, everything is clean, the king sized bed was super comfy and we had way more space that in the Manhattan hotel. The rate that we got thru Hotels.com was way better than the rate that we paid in Manhattan.

We liked that the bus stopped at the hotel (the bad thing that on weekends is one per hour) and it drops you off 15-20 min later in Times Square. The hotel service was great, they got us a cab to go to Newark. The only bad thing is that they don't offer free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2010

It is an average Hilton Garden Inn (with a good meaning). I have found it very clean; better then expected. It is located off I-95 close to Samsung and Agfa offices and AMC movie-theater. The room was clean, spacious, had good shower with large shower head; the bed had relatively good mattress with adjustable firmness/softness; a Samsung LCD TV, microwave, and a refrigerator were present.

There were a fair-size pool, Jacuzzi, and Precor equipment in the fitness center. The hotel has a business center and free internet. The latter was a bit slow.

For meals, there is on-site restaurant, where I had a breakfast; omelet can be ordered as well as usual sausage, bacon, hash, potatoes, and eggs. They had good yogurts, but fruit/berries selection was a bit mediocre for the price charged: cut pineapples and melons, whole apples and bananas, - no any berries. There were many muffins and few pastries. The service in the restaurant is not bad, in fact I really liked the fact that they would bring the omelet to your table instead of you going back to check on it.

Parking is free and plentiful.

Overall, it is a good hotel, and I certainly plan to return there one day.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Please do not go to this hotel. I just encountered spiders and centipedes on the room and the manager was even rude and informed me that it is a moving object that they can't handle.

I have to make a formal complain before they start to call to make an apology.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park? Share your experiences!