“find something else!”

Days Inn Ridgefield NJ
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ridgefield
Reviewed September 28, 2010

the hotel location was very inconvenient and very deceiving from the photos first of all. the hotel staff hardly spoke any english and hardly made any effort to communicate with me clearly. we asked for directions to the new meadowlands stadium and did not receive a clear answer on any parking, driving, etc. the "10-minute walk" to the bus was very dangerous and i would never reccomend to anyone, which again was very deceiving in the hotel description. there were also people hanging around the front desk and behind who i could not tell if they were working or friends of the staff. the only positive was that most ammenities were atleast up-to-date and felt comfortable once in the room. if you plan on being close to new york city and going to and from other sites near the city, then i reccomend staying at another hotel that is closer to a bus stop and in a more convenient and safer area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goose89085

Reviewed July 8, 2010

First of all, this place is incredibly hard to find. There's something seriously wrong with their address because the GPS couldn't even recognize it. When we finally got to the hotel, the manager was rude.
The breakfast sucked. It was just bagels, some danishes and muffins, and they were all stale.
The worst of all is that the beds are full of bedbugs! BEDBUGS!! When we told the manager, again he was rude. He moved us to a different room, but again, the next morning, we found more bites on our body.
STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tinytractor
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The first couple days we were here this place seemed quite adequate (although the location is not good for walking to any restaurants or other conveniences). Unfotunately we had to extend, so I called the front desk for best advice on how to do so. They told me to call back in the morning and not worry about going through the internet, as they would take care of it directly at the front desk (first lie). I asked about keeping the same rate; they said they would "do their best to keep everything the same" (second lie). They know best, right?

In all fairness, they warned me that the particular room we had was not available the second night, and that we might have to change, but to call back in the morning. No problem. I went up to the desk at 6:30 am, and the person I spoke with said the room is not available the second night, but if I wait until 10:30 the manager would be there and I can discuss then. Explaining that I was not comfortable waiting until then (as checkout time is 11:00), he said this would not be a problem because the room is available the first extended night, so no need to pack up our belongings in a hurry (third lie). OK, fine.

I called at 10:30, and the room is no longer available the first night. The manager didn't seem too interested in the advice I got both last night and this morning, and informed me check-out is in 20 minutes. After having a rather curt coversation about having to leave quickly, they agreed to let me keep the room, but at $25 more per night. Explaining, yet again, that they suggested I wait until the next day and work directly with them because they would take care of everything, they told me they had no such conversation with me (fourth lie), and already had to change the room, so they can not allow me to keep it at the same rate.

I then asked about a late checkout so pack up our suitcases..."Sure, that will be $35." I hung up on them, went online immediately, and rebooked a king non-smoking for almost the same price as the initial queen room.

My wife is dragging the suitcases up a flight of stairs (no elevators, of course) right now.

Bottom line: Don't stay here. If you must, go online and deal with the front desk as little as possible. The internet is your strongest ally in this case. But hey, at least they have a fridge for you to store what little food you can find if you're willing to trek alongside a dangerous freeway to go get it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I went with my friends to have some good time in new york. The hotel was good and peaceful. The rooms were neat and clean and the rooms also had the facility of mini refrigerator and microwave and the maids gave us best possible service. The most convenient thing was the bus stop was near the hotel at a walking distance so that we can take the bus directly to N.Y., spending a little amount of ransom. The front desk staff was co-operative and decent and was ready to help in each circumstances. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My Experience here was awesome , The service was excellent. they have a lot offer . it was worth every penny . the staff and innkeepers were friendly and very helpful. the room was clean & comfortable and all my need were met. it offered every '' amenity '' i could ask for ( WI-FI , Breakfast , micro-fridge , ect ....)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Rimesh [---] is the rudest, most unreasonable hotel manager on the planet.

When we asked him for directions, he unhelpfully told us to consult our GPS and hung up on us before we could tell him the address for his hotel was not showing up in it. We would have simply gone elsewhere, but it was late and that was the only place we'd researched.

When we got there, he would not honor the internet advertised rate, automatically booked us for a king sized bed upgrade, and insisted it was "too difficult" to back our credit card transaction out. After 15 passive aggressive minutes of pretending to process a return, he must have figured out that we weren't backing down. He even tried to make us feel bad for making him do the work.

Under the normal run of things, I would have taken my business elsewhere, but it was late and my guests were tired.

Needless to say, I would NEVER recommend that anyone reward such rank incompetence with their patronage.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Creepy ,smelly, unsafe, unclean. Not a good place to be alone. There's nothing near to eat, if you are walking. Bad Very Bad...

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield
Best Western Fort Lee
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Carlstadt

Been to Days Inn Ridgefield NJ? Share your experiences!