“A fabulous venue for your party or celebration!”
Review of Oyster Point Hotel

Oyster Point Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I hosted my husband's surprise 50th birthday celebration at The Oyster Point and was so pleased with everything. The employees were fantastic. The food was superb. The room was elegant and comfortable, with beautiful views of the water. I received wonderful feedback from my guests and would encourage anyone who is considering an event in the Red Bank area to look here first. Conveniently located off of the Garden State Parkway and Route 35, this hotel will not disappoint!

Room Tip: We did not stay in the hotel since it was local. We only hosted the party there.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Linda,

What a wonderful review! I am delighted to hear that your husband's surprise 50th birthday party was a hit! We take great pride in providing excellent banquet facilities, superior food, and stellar service.

I have shared your comments with the staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to create such a memorable event with you. We look forward to your next event or overnight stay with us. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

There are newer reviews for Oyster Point Hotel

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Bill Murray the senior catering manager was great to work with. The maitre'd Cristian Soto and his staff were very attentive to our needs. Would highly recommend having a function at the Oyster Point!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Joan,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We take great pride in providing beautiful banquet facilities, food, and service. I am delighted to hear that the baby shower went well and you enjoyed your event with us.

I have shared your comments with Bill Murray, Christian Soto, and the staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next event or stay with us. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I travel often for work and usually stay at one of the chains but am so glad I decided to stay at the Oyster Point Hotel. A beautiful location on the river with amazing views from every room! Even got to watch the sun rise over the river and town while working out in the Fitness Room. They had a great restaurant and bar with social hour specials. A nice place to unwind after the work day. All the staff were friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor which had great views and was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GirlOnTheGo52
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Girl on the Go,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Oyster Point Hotel! We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations in a unique setting with stunning views of the Navesink River and superior service.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next visit with us. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We really enjoyed our two night stay at the Oyster Point Hotel while in town for a family wedding. The accommodations were perfect since the wedding reception was held in the hotel. The room was very comfortable and the view utterly amazing. Each and every staff member we encountered was exceptionally friendly, helpful and accommodating. The meal we had on our last night at the in hotel restaurant the Pearl was absolutely delicious and the tomato soup was especially outstanding. The coffee could use a little improvement both in quality and availability, but overall we were extremely satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view were not that much more expensive than the rooms overlooking the hotel entrance an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Katie,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Oyster Point. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and the stunning view of the Navesink River as well as our gracious hospitality.

I have shared your comments with our staff and the chef and they are all thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to our next opportunity to do so. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I took my boyfriend and I here for a weekend getaway, his Christmas present was tickets to the Jim Gaffigan show at Count Basie Theatre (which was amazing!). The hotel is overall amazingly beautiful, and clean. The staff was friendly as well. The view in our River View King room was breathtaking, even for the winter time! My only complaints were how pricy everything seemed to be, I had ordered a pitcher of cranberry juice to the room thinking it would be cheaper than buying a few glasses at $4.00 or so a piece, and after I tipped the boy who brought it, I still paid close to $19! Our first night was a great experience, the second night I was abruptly woken up around midnight by a group of people who had left the bar because it had closed, and continued to party in the room next door...where I could hear every word of every song and every conversation. After their happiness, it turned into madness, and two men started fighting. Lastly, when we checked out Sunday morning, the itemized bill they had given us was completely messed up. We had previously asked for the two nights to be split, and the poor girl Nataly, at the front desk had no idea what happened to our bill. Thankfully, she fixed it and we were charged appropriately. I would like to go back in the summer, but preferably not when there's a wedding.

Room Tip: River View rooms have an amazing view of the Navesink River!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla L

Dear Carla,

Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Oyster Point Hotel. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations in a contemporary setting along the Navesink River, paired with superior service.

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize that some guests next door to you were quite noisy late in the evening. We do everything we can to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us and I am sorry that these guests disturbed your evening We do have security personnel on site each evening who can assist in addressing any noise complaints, should you wish to make an anonymous complaint.

I am also sorry about the high price of the cranberry juice you ordered and the mix-up in the billing. I am glad that was straightened out at check-out for you.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights so we could be in town for rehearsal dinner on Friday night. The accommodations were perfect for us. Since the wedding and reception were held in the hotel it couldn't have been more convenient. Our room overlooked the river and was spotlessly clean. The hotel does a great job with big parties and this is the second time we have attended a function there and really enjoyed our experience. We took advantage of having a nice lounge to have a drink and appetizer during our stay and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Harry,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations, fantastic function space and superior service. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to our next opportunity to do so. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were in town to see some close friends and we had to choose between this hotel and the Molly Pitcher Inn. Probably should have done MPI. Three great things about this hotel - 1) the great view of the river from our rooms 2) the nice modern lounge area with the fireplace and 3) lots of pillows, the bed was comfortable. The not very nice things - 1)the noise - we stayed Friday and Saturday nights and there were loud wedding receptions just below us both nights, and one of them went on until midnight. It was so loud we could hear every word the DJ said and things in our room vibrated with the music. Also not so nice 2) the bathroom - really dated and not very nice. And finally, the front desk staff had no decent recommendations for food or activities. We asked for a breakfast place, they sent us to a deli downtown, we asked for dinner and they sent us to an Italian place one block away - thanks, we saw that on our way in. Also, we booked a king room online and when we arrived they told us sorry, all we have is rooms with 2 full size beds. Um, we paid for a king? Overall, we expected a lot more - cool, modern, upscale, but it just came across tired and loud.

Room Tip: Ask how far you can get from the wedding reception area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SFSpee
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Oyster Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear SFSpee,

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us.

First, allow me to apologize for placing you directly above our ballroom. We do our best to ensure that only guests attending the events in the ballroom are located above it. Sometimes the parties do not have enough overnight guests and we are forced to put non-attending guests above the ballroom. For this, I apologize. I am also sorry that you did not get the bed type you requested. When you book with a third party agent online (e.g. Expedia or Hotels.com), your bed type is not guaranteed. Rest assured, the price paid for a River view room is the same regardless of it being a king or two doubles. We do our best to accommodate all requests and occasionally need to make adjustments to some reservations. Lastly, thank you for your suggestions to update our guest room bathrooms. We are in discussions now on how to best improve the bathrooms so that they better match the contemporary decor of the guest room.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and that the bed was comfortable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Oyster Point Hotel? Share your experiences!