“Deliciously new experience!”

The Melting Pot
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a handful of times now... I love the refreshing new experience of cooking at my table in flavors of my choosing. They make the experience so easy, all the ingredients right there and mixed in for you, no wonder I've never used my own fondue set! It's a fun environment when going out with friends and a very romantic place for you and your other. I've heard a few complaints, normally men saying they've left hungry, which I can't possibly understand, or men complaining about paying to cook their own food. You are paying for the experience, but the food is TOO delicious to pass up! Go! You won't regret it!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was off to the” Pot” for what was supposed to be a great meal. I have seen better potions served at a homeless shelter. While this so called concept of some sublime eating experience is sold to you I suggest that the place is overpriced and, expensive and you will leave there hungry. The 3 pots diner was $49 per person. While I must confess the brie and bacon was good the selections of bread were lackluster. The shavings of brie probably cost the over about $9.00 and the bread about 50 cents. The orchestrator described all of the cheese and its condiments as if he was Deepak Chopra giving me an explanation of life. I am sure all of this song and dance was supposed to make me think this was a meal fit for a king ,but it wasn’t .I am a peasant. I would of enjoyed some Velveta Cheese with some crushed bacon in it more than I enjoyed his brie and the mysterious galleria of magical condiments that were supposed to tantalize my taste buds .I have had better portions of food for free at a the Happy Hour at a shot and beer garden.
Next was onto the so call meat entrée where we dipped out portions of meat into the mystical briny pot .There was barely enough food on the plate for one and we were two. As the platter came out I only thought about the Chinese buffet close by .But this was an”Occasion” with friends celebrating and oldsters’ (like me) birthday. He seemed to enjoy his meal but perhaps the several drinks sufficed.
The owner graciously gave us a second custard cup of veggies .I could have used the meat to demonstrate at a cooking class how thin meat can be sliced before it falls apart. The shrimp looked like they had been on an Adkin’s diet before they were caught. Had I been there with Don Wilno I would have had to restrain him from violent behavior when he saw the portion and the price of the entrée.
The chocolate dessert portion was good, but again very small portions. I left there hungry and with tip for two (two drinks) $180 poorer. I could have stayed in AC during the week at Trump’s place, eaten at the Knife & Fork all for less than the Melting Pot. Nice concept but be prepared to have two things empty when you leave, your wallet and your stomach.

1  Thank keyasset
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great fondue. Every combination you could think of. Food is excellent, if a little pricey. Service is great also

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The fondue thing is fun and very tasty. We went for dessert only, knowing how expensive it can be. It was an experience and I guess that's part of the price. The waiter was very good. The kids had fun and so did we so I suppose it was worth it. I just think it could be done for a lot less. We paid around $30 for two fondues and teas. So be prepared to spend way more than you want to!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

In the '70's and '80's, a Fondu party was always entertaining, but the Melting Pot has brought this to a new level. The 4 course dinners are a great experience with lots of options for the type of food in the Fondu pot. It's at it's best with a small group, where all can share, but even for 2 it's a different eating experience. Choosing among the combinations can be confusing, but the waiters and waItresses are adept at explaining it. It's not inexpensive, but it's worth the experience.