“Fun But Pricey”

The Melting Pot
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The fondue thing is fun and very tasty. We went for dessert only, knowing how expensive it can be. It was an experience and I guess that's part of the price. The waiter was very good. The kids had fun and so did we so I suppose it was worth it. I just think it could be done for a lot less. We paid around $30 for two fondues and teas. So be prepared to spend way more than you want to!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

In the '70's and '80's, a Fondu party was always entertaining, but the Melting Pot has brought this to a new level. The 4 course dinners are a great experience with lots of options for the type of food in the Fondu pot. It's at it's best with a small group, where all can share, but even for 2 it's a different eating experience. Choosing among the combinations can be confusing, but the waiters and waItresses are adept at explaining it. It's not inexpensive, but it's worth the experience.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am not stingy, but $400 for 2 adults and one child, and only 4 alcohol drinks is insane. I don't even pay that much in NYC. Not returning.

1  Thank gmorganlcsw
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great food and a lot of it! We had everything from soup to dessert!
Service was great, they really timed everything nicely. It was fun cooking the food.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Let's go backwards here. I still feel a little ill, and pick pocketed. $187 for the two of us with two glasses of wine. Its all my fault though because I had to cook my own chicken,pork,steak,shrimp in the same boiling pot.

Server was nice but seems like she has been down this road before. For those with more money to waste this may be an intimate experience to us it was a joke until we got the bill.

Four slices of sirloin, half chicken cutlet, eight shrimp, and a few pieces of pork, mixed with stale bread and chesse as an appetizer, oh and the melted chocalate and strawberries that did it. I am being sarcastic here. While walking over we saw dannys grill. They should put a sign on their roof that says we cook the food for you and give you 18oz of beef!

Also the bathroom looked run down and not clean.

Sorry Melting Pot, not our type of thing but we know we read the instructions before we entered and cooked our own food. So its all our fault and we feel that way.