“Beautiful, elegant, high end hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Molly Pitcher Inn

Molly Pitcher Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
New Jersey
“Beautiful, elegant, high end hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

I've stayed at the Molly Pitcher a few times for business and have always loved the hotel. I also booked many corporate meetings, lunches and events there and my company has always been pleased with the staff, service, meeting rooms and the food. The meeting rooms have breath taking views of the Navesink River and the hotel boasts a beautiful bar/lounge area that we always enjoy ourselves in after our meetings. I've also booked countless rooms there for colleagues and have never had and complaints. They always request to be booked there every time they are in town and have done so for years. Aside from being a beautiful hotel, they have the benefit of being in walking distance of the restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops of Red Bank. I would highly recommend the Molly Pitcher to anyone who is traveling to the Monmouth County/Red Bank/Jersey Shore area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SherryNJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

What a great experience!! I stayed at the Molly Pitcher for a business meeting. We were at the hotel for 4 nights. My room, located in the Navesink section, was big and beautiful with a lovely small balcony overlooking the river shoreline. It was immaculate, with a great pillow-top mattress and linens so luxurious I wanted to curl up and order breakfast instead of getting to my meeting! The bathroom had a basket of great qualitiy amenities for the shower and there is a double closet, an iron/ironing board, and blow dryer. As for the food, I ordered room service on the night of arrival. The menu is good and the quality is excellent. If you have never tried the Chicken Pot Pie or the Creme Brulee...don't miss it! The bar is clubby and comfortable with low tables and leather chairs and both bar and food service here is very good making this a great place to meet with clients and colleagues in the evening. For a more formal meal, the dining room with stunning views of the river, and a varied and creative menu made for a truly memorable meal...but don't forget, the guys need jackets at dinner! As for location, this is a walking town and the Molly Pitcher is walking distance. So leave your car keys in the room and check out this very cool downtown with lots of restaurants...just pick a cuisine - we saw them all. There are also lots of shops and entertainment. I could not be more pleased with my selection of the Molly Pitcher. All the attendees loved it. I have already booked our next event here. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ThinkPink527
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

I (and a number of colleagues) stayed at the Molly Pitcher Inn for a recent business trip and was impressed by the location, the exterior and the bar and restaurant area. The dinner served was very good, and the service was fine. I had a room on the lower level, and it was spacious, and had an excellent view of the pool, marina and Navesink river. The bed was very comfortable. The shower, however, was a nightmare. The morning after a late night, it is expected that the hotel will provide a hot shower with reasonable water pressure. The shower was neither hot nor strong; the temperature selector and valve that directed water to the showehead didn't work properly, and left me starting my day off standing under a spotty dribble of lukewarm water. At that morning's meeting I learned that my colleagues who also had rooms in that part of the hotel were also victims of this problem. Also, almost unbelievably, the hotel asks paying guests to use a credit card to pay for internet access at their public terminal. While free wifi is provided in rooms, it is not always convenient or feasible to access. For a hotel that holds itself out as an upscale, business-friendly place to nickle and dime guests to check their email is incomprehensible.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ddx2200
United KIngdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

Stayed for 5 nights. Found the staff very helpful, great bar. Really enjoyed breakfast in dining room looking over Navesink River. Also there being a computer available for guests I found very convenient. Good location - Red Bank downtown is quiet but has plenty of restaurants & bars. My room, however, was in need of redecoration - this seemed to be well overdue. It did have all the usual facilities but the lock on hte room safe was broken. Overall enjoyed my stay despite state of room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank marcpolo60
New Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were only at the hotel for one night, but that is all it took for us to realize that this was not a place we would be returning. The one night stay was for our friend's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful and it was wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends. It was unfortunate that the wait staff was so unfriendly and at one point extremely rude. There was not one person at that wedding that got out of control but the staff seemed to take it upon themselves to deem "normal" behavior as inappropriate. Mostly due to the fact, in my opinion, because none of them wanted to be there and took it out on the guests. My husband at one point asked our waitress if there was something wrong because she seemed mad at us! The bride and groom were very disapointed and if you are thinking of having your wedding here I am certain they would tell you to think twice... not to mention I have a handful of people that would agree.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tinie880
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

I am writing this review as I still (unfortunately) sit on the bed in my incredibly cramped room. That's because there is nowhere else to sit- this room is tiny and very poorly laid-out.

For $180 per night, I got: a broken room lock, a room safe with no lock at all (then what is the point of having a safe?!), brown water coming out of the faucets, no soap (though they did promptly bring it up upon request), no "Do Not Disturb" sign, a distinct skunk smell wafting out of the air conditioner to the point where I turned it off, resulting in too-hot sleeping, and more. Don't get a room that faces the busy street right in front of the hotel- you will be able to HEAR (and SMELL) EVERYTHING- every guest's conversation outside of the hotel, every smoke break, and aforementioned skunk (no, my window was not open).

I've never asked for my money back before, but I'm strongly considering it here. I've had better experiences and better rooms at a $60-a-night Best Western.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lofi
ny, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

I went to a wedding here and stayed in the hotel. SO CHARMING! First of all, the wedding was amazing with wonderful food and such ambiance with the surroundings of the hotel and the beautiful room. We were so pleased! And the hotel was just wonderful with old charm and amazing service! The food is absolutely unbeatable. I would recommend this to others as this place was recommended so highly to us! We are avid travelers, and this is one of the most pleasant experiences we have had. The service was just top rate in every aspect. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown

Been to Molly Pitcher Inn? Share your experiences!