“Wonderful reception”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Holmdel, NJ
“Wonderful reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We recently had our reception at the Molly Pitcher Inn and could not be happier. From the first visit with Judith Ivan to plan our wedding to the flawless service of Paul Brandow and his team during that evening, everything was exactly as we had hoped. The guidance Judith gave us was incredibly helpful and the setting of the Navesink room was perfect. Many thanks for making our evening so special and memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lou T
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear European Dreamer,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I am delighted to hear that your wedding was a night to remember and that our staff did everything in their power to ensure that your event was flawless!
We take great pride in providing superior service, exceptional banquet facilities, and delicious cuisine.

I have shared your comments with Ms. Ivan, Paul, and the staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to helping you host your next event with us, or accommodate an overnight stay in the near future. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Molly Pitcher three times now. We have friends and family in the area and enjoy coming back. We have always had a great stay. The hotel has an excellent restaurant with a breathtaking view of the Navsink. True the dining room looks a little dated but the food is good. We also enjoyed the bar at the hotel. It is very warm and inviting with all the wood. Again the food is great and I appreciated the singer they had on a Saturday night who was wonderful without being super loud. We have stayed in the Navsink Rooms which are located in the newer wing of the building. The Navsink rooms have dark wood floors, table, chairs, desk, end tables and a King bed with lots of pillows. There is a sink outside the bath (which I love so I can put on makeup) while my husband showers.The room was clean and I got a nice night's sleep and enjoyed peace and quiet. The front desk was attentive and very nice and helpful. We are returning to the Molly in December and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer Navsink Rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cstarlight991
Dear CStarlight,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stays with us at the Molly Pitcher Inn! We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations, fantastic dining and a stellar view, all within walking distance to downtown Red Bank.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to our next opportunity and until then, we remain, as always, at your service.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

What a nice Inn in a picturesque setting. Well appointed rooms, nice bar, good restaurant. Unfortunately, totally uninterested staff. "Can you help me with my bags?" Sorry, everyone's on break. So I struggle with five suitcases. "Can I make a reservation for a large party for breakfast?" I don't know but will leave a notation in the computer. "Can I borrow an umbrella"? Well, if you don't bring it back, we'll charge you. "Good morning". Huh? Go elsewhere. Even the two star comfort inn is nice to you. The staff here could care less if you exist let alone come to their hotel.

Stayed November 2013
Dear RZDenver,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that our service was lacking. This is not the caliber of service we strive to provide at the Molly Pitcher Inn and I am terribly sorry that we failed to meet our own standards.

Rest assured, I have shared your comments with my staff and have been working with them on customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Valley Stream, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We recently stayed two nights for our daughter's wedding. The food and atmosphere was beautiful. The ballroom was breathtaking and the staff for the wedding was very helpful in the planning.Our room was clean and tidy. The only problem was that, my husband & I plus one of our Daughter's and her fiance, rooms were placed over the BALLROOM, which had a NIGHT RECEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our daughter's wedding was a DAY WEDDING. We had to sit up till 11:30PM to go to bed. The MUSIC from the NIGHT WEDDING was ear popping loud. It totally shook our rooms. We could hear exactly what the DJ was SAYING all the time!!!!!!!!!! That was very POOR planning on their part in placing us in those rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear CCMolloy,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that your daughter's wedding was picture perfect! We take great pride in providing superb banquet facilities, service, and cuisine.

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for our mistake in locating your room directly above our ballroom. My staff and I take great care to ensure that guests of our evening weddings are above the event space so as not to disturb other guests. I apologize for our oversight as we do not have many afternoon weddings and feel that it was a honest mistake on our part. I have already emailed you directly and compensated you for the inconvenience. Should you feel that you were not adequately compensated or wish to discuss your experience with me directly, please do not hesitate to call: 732-747-2500, extension 500. I would be more than happy to work with you so that you are fully satisfied regarding this issue. Rest assured, I have already spoken with my staff about this to make sure that daytime wedding guests are never located above the ballroom.

Thank you again for allowing us to help you host your daughter's wedding. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We recently celebrated my daughter's graduation party at the Molly Pitcher Inn.. Planning the party was not at all stressful because of the excellent help of Kelly Leimbach, the Catering Manager. She was helpful every step of the way and guided us through planning the menu and seating the guests. Whenever there was a question, Kelly was there to answer it and to offer advice.

The actual party went smoothly and we all had a great time. My thanks also to Paul Brandow, the Maitre'd. He made sure everything was timed perfectly and flawlessly. The servers and bartenders weretop notch, too.

The food was good, the view was awesome ..it was very nicely done!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Janet,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I am delighted to hear that your daughter's graduation party went flawlessly! We take great pride in providing exceptional banquet facilities, food and service - all with amazing views of the Navesink River.

I have shared your comments with Kelly, Paul, and the rest of the staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to helping you host your next event, or just stopping by for a bite to eat. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for one night. Hotel clean and great location. Short walk to Count Basie Theater. Rooms very small, and a bit cramped. Staff friendly and helpful. Beautiful views over the water. Food was great at the bar, impressive, tasty and fast service. The hotel had a lovely ambiance. Enjoyed our stay, but not the greatest value for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladylitauk
Dear Ladylitauk,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of the Molly Pitcher Inn! I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations in an historic setting along the Navesink River, all within walking distance of Downtown Red Bank.

I am sorry to hear that you felt that the price for the room did not match what you received. The Molly Pitcher Inn was built in 1928 and the rooms are of their original size and configuration. We have many different room sizes and configurations, all which vary in price according to size. I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy in the room you stayed in. Rest assured we do everything we can to make sure that our room rates are on par with the local competition and that our rooms of all sizes are clean and comfortable.

I do hope that you'll visit us again and perhaps select a larger room for your accommodations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. In the interim I remain, as always, at your service.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I attended a conference at the Molly Pitcher Inn this fall. In an effort to avoid a rushed morning, I checked in the night before. The hotel is beautiful and situated right on the water. The room was clean and the staff attentive. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Caw212,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Molly Pitcher Inn. We take pride in providing comfortable accommodations in a unique and relaxing setting along the Navesink River, paired with superior service.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to our next opportunity to do so. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown

Been to Molly Pitcher Inn? Share your experiences!