Molly Pitcher Inn
Hotels.com
$103
$179
Courtyard
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch(West Long Branch)
$84
$107
$119
$120
Doubletree.com
All reviewsmolly pitchernavesink riverrooms are smallold worldhistoric buildingan older hotelold schoolnice barvalet parkingbeds were very comfortablenice stayspecial occasionlong weekendwedding receptionmonmouth countyfamily memberscocktail hour
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good quality stay at the Molly Pitcher Inn this summer. Early check-in permitted, and a friendly, informative front desk person. Room was big enough, nice views, obviously an older building but the room was updated and very clean. Bar, restaurant area was classic with professionals drinks and delicious appetizers. Walk to all downtown Red Bank areas from this hotel while enjoying river views. Only negative was a couple of narrow staircases down to where our room was located, I'm not sure if there is an elevator available to those rooms or not.

Room Tip: Regular rooms MAY be small, ask about or look into upgrades for bigger rooms and better views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Golf_wine_lover
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Molly Pitcher Inn! We pride oursevles on our fantastic location along the Navesink River, close proximity to downtown Red Bank, and superior service.

The Molly Pitcher Inn was built in 1928 with an addition added in the 1960s. Unfortunately, when this wing was added, no elevator service was extended to accommodate guests down to the Pool Level. We are sorry for this inconvenience and hope that you can forgive us for our shortcomings.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again and in the interim, we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stay at the Molly Pitcher Inn every summer for a few beach days. It is a gorgeous hotel with magnificent views. The rooms are crisp & clean. The front desk is extremely helpful and cheerful. The pool is immaculate.

Breakfast at the restaurant was nice (that amazing view helps)- although the coffee was weak & my eggs benedict was just OK.

All in all, a lovely place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank teawinefrench

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoy staying with us year after year. Our location on the Navesink River, clean accommodations and superior service create an enjoyable and memorable experience.

I have shared your comments regarding your breakfast experience with our Restaurant Manager and Chef. I apologize that they were not to your liking.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again. In the interim, we remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked a room with 2 double beds because I needed 2 double beds due to the occupants and sleeping arrangements for the trip. When I arrived, I checked in 4 hours early and was told to come back at check-in time to get my key; not a problem. I come back, lug my luggage down to the room, which turns out to be a single king bed, and it was in a lower class of room than I booked and paid for. I go back up, thinking it must be a mistake since they hadn't mentioned it when I got my keys, and the front desk clerk condescendingly said that they only had kings available, did I want a cot? I understand the concept of overbooking, but if you give a customer something other than what they reserved, don't just pretend that nothing happened and hope they don't complain, let them know when they check-in! I said a cot wasn't acceptable, and got several minutes of pushback about how no double beds where available, basically they said "tough". I was polite but firm, and the clerk couldn't explain why despite checking in 4 hours early they couldn't get me my room. Finally, after several calls and manager involvement, a double room magically appeared, although it was very small and of a still lower class of room than I booked.
Through this entire process I never got so much as an apology. What do I want? Not much. If you're overbooked and can't give me my reserved room, let me know at check-in, offer a simple apology, and give me the options to rectify it. If you have a double available, don't make me pull teeth to get it. Don't pretend that a cot is the same as a double bed and condescendingly act like I'm being spoiled when I refuse to sleep on a cot when I paid for a double bed. Let me give you the script, just to make it clear what the minimum basic customer service consists of. "Sir, it looks like we're overbooked and the room with 2 double beds you reserved is unavailable, we apologize for that. We have a room with a single king, to which we can bring a cot, and we have a smaller room that has two double beds. Will either of those options work for you?" Simple isn't it?
Its a shame because the hotel is beautiful and in a great location in walking distance to restaurants with a nice pool on the water. Unfortunately I won't be staying here or recommending anyone from my firm ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Just be happy if you get the room you booked!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SigVA

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid review. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the service you experienced as this is in no way indicative of the type of servie we strive to provide at the Molly Pitcher Inn.

You are absolutely right that you should have been informed of the change made to your reservation at check-in. I am sorry that this not happen with you and will continue to work with my staff to ensure that we adopt your very well-written script.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at agreene@mollypitcher-oysterpoint.com. I would be more than happy to discuss your recent stay with you. In the interim, I remain, as always, at your service.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I were married at the Molly Pitcher last year and we returned this year to celebrate our anniversary. The entire experience at our wedding (food, service and everything down to the last detail) was outstanding. And this year they continued to demonstrate excellence. We initially booked a standard room for our return visit but when we checked in, without us even asking, they immediately upgraded us to the same suite we stayed in on our wedding night one year ago. Now that's awesome service! The young woman at the front desk looked up our old room #, saw it was vacant and upgraded us. We've never experienced that kind of attention to detail anywhere else. But the outstanding service did not end there. Everyone was pleasant and professional just like we remembered.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Congratulations! We are thrilled that you chose to celebrate your first anniversary with us and we are honored to have been able to upgrade you into the same room you were in on your wedding night. We love opportunities such as these to make your stay special and are so happy that we were able to do so for you.

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are delighted to have made your stay so enjoyable. We all look forward to the next opportunity to serve you again. In the interim, we remain, at your service.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Only spent the night, but overall was satisfied. Nice room, clean and comfy. Nice view and great bar with excellent food. Only notable downside was first floor at pool level not serviced by an elevator so if you have any mobility issues check location to be sure elevastor is accessible.

Pool very nice, with umbrellas and food/drink service.

One odd thing is that jackets are required in restaurant for dinner. This seems a little old fashion for summertime at Jersey shore with temps well over 90.

Any staff we encountered were friendly and customer focused.

Room Tip: see reference to elevator access.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Molly Pitcher Inn. With our superb location along the Navesink River, our outdoor pool and superior service, the Molly Pitcher Inn makes for an enjoyable stay.

I have shared your comments regarding the jacket requirement for men in our hotel dining room with our Operations Manager and company President for their review.

The staff are so thrilled to have helped create a memorable stay with us. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you again. In the interim we remain, as always, at your service.