“Not what I expected”
Review of Molly Pitcher Inn

Molly Pitcher Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I was at the Molly Pitcher Inn September 24, 2011 for a rehearsal dinner. The food was very good.
I felt the hotel needed Renovations. It was old looking. Our room was very small. While I was blow drying my hair at the same time as my mother the circuit blew in the room and we lost electricity. We had to call the front desk and wait for the electricity to be put back on by maintenance. They did come quickly but it was inconvenient .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelly S

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is lovely. Pool area is wonderful and the overall property is beautiful.
The rooms are small. .
Our room had a view of the roof

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Reminiscent of early 20th century resorts - updated with nice beds, very competent A/C and Internet. Small but comfortable room. Nice, helpfull staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Oceansmith
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We had a wedding to attend nearby so we stayed there for a weekend. Even though I had reserved months in advance, the room they gave us was so small there was nothing but a bed and the closet in the room; there was not enough space to have a chair, let alone a desk. Of course, it had not view. We were told nothing else was available, although after we raised quite a fuss, they gave us a big corner room (no view). Everything seemed old and dated; there was a box in the closet which looks like it might have been a safe some time ago. The small window in the bathroom was stuck ajar, and had to be repaired during our stay. When I went to the restaurant for breakfast, I waited for several minutes at the table I had been led to before finally getting up to try to get my own coffee (which is when the waitress finally appeared and admonished me for trying to get my own coffee). I guess you are supposed to pretend that they are providing you with service!

Room Tip: Make sure you check in advance the size and location of the room you reserve, or else ...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCTravelerG
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed one night at the Molly Pitcher Inn at the beginning of a cross country road trip.

Pros:
-Great night's sleep on a comfortable bed.
-Room was a comfortable temperature and had great lighting.
-Had a gorgeous view of the
Navesink.
-Eco friendly, yummy smelling bath accessories.

Cons:
-Room and bathroom were both a little cramped.
-Very slow elevator.

Cons

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at the Inn as a hotel guest. The room and the hotel are very clean. But given the composition of the grounds, the rooms lack views of the gorgeous Navesink river. The only views to be had were at the pool or dining in the restaurant. We were surprised to learn that the pool closed so early for a friday night. There were also no available clean towels at poolside.

While NJ had undergone a terrible heat wave, the Inn was ill prepared to cool off its clients. Late Friday afternoon, we could not even stay at the bar. We opted to not eat in the restaurant as it was just too hot inside. Saturday was even worse when the rooms where the special events were being held had little, if any, air conditioning. All guests were just glazed over for the hours we were there. This begs the question: is their cooling just too old or was it negligent planning to ensure the systems were up and running. Either way, it doesn't bode well.

Probably the worst of it all were the horrendous abysmal attitude of the female personnel behind the front desk. It is obvious these women have never undergone any customer service training. In fact, one would wonder if they even knew the definition of hospitality. This poor attitude was evidenced on Friday evening, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning. At least I can say they were consistent.

I will say the food was extremely good. The wait staff well organized for large crowds. The (male) bartenders (Friday nite in the Int'l bar and at the catered event on Saturday) were exceptionally nice, extremely polite, and highly professional.

Room Tip: Not possible.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I were visiting Red Bank for a friend's party. We stayed at the inn for one night. I was dubious about the place because of some of the reviews I had read. I have to say I was thrilled with our stay. The girl who checked us in was very pleasant and informative. The reception area was so clean and bright. Our room was on the 3rd floor and it was charming (very clean too). Unfortunately we didn't get to use the pool. The location is perfect for walking into town. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Molly Pitcher Inn? Share your experiences!