“Wonderful Hotel! Don't Listen to the negative reviews!”
Review of Molly Pitcher Inn

Molly Pitcher Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
New Jersey
“Wonderful Hotel! Don't Listen to the negative reviews!”
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have been reading reviews about this hotel for a long time and have held my tongue about responding, but after the I read about the last reviewer who didn't even stay here based on negative reviews - that was the last straw for me! I have been staying at this hotel for about 8-9 years. Not to mention I was married here 3 years ago and the entire event was completely flawless and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day if I had dreamed it! The service, food and attention to detail was impeccible! There is nothing wrong with this lovely hotel. Yes - some rooms are bigger and different styles than others and that's why there are price adjustments. Yes - some rooms may not have the perfect views and are located on different floors. The complaints are probably due to people who don't know the hotel and all it has to offer. Ask questions when you make your reservation! I've stayed in the standard room, Navesink wing - both sides, Junior and Master Suite and I never had a problem with any of the rooms - ever!!!! The hotel is lovely, quaint and full of character and charm. Not to mention my husband and I come back every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary and also visit other times during the year just because we love it so much. And to the last reviewer who decided NOT to stay here because of negatives reviews all I have to say to you is it was your loss big time! You really cheated yourself out of a nice stay at a fine hotel! And to compare this lovely hotel to a Motel 6?????? I'd love to see the places you think are nice!!! Try to appreciate this hotel for what it is and stop with the complaining - they so don't deserve it!

Room Tip: Ask questions when making a reservation
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jgirl61
agreene926, Rooms Division Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review! We strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience and are so glad that we were able to do so for your wedding day and every return visit!

The hotel was built in 1928, with the Navesink wing built in 1992. The older portion of the hotel is quite charming and quaint, although the room sizes do vary due to the layout of the hotel. We're glad that you enjoy the hotel's charm and service. We look forward to your return visits!

Regards,
Amy Greene
Rooms Division Manager
Molly Pitcher Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Inn on river boasts of river views. The desk clerk buried us on a ground floor corner with views of a pine tree, a wall and a concrete pool deck. Wouldn't move us. Wind whistled thru hvac unit all nite. Yech. And if there were elevators to this room we were not directed to them (told to take stairs) and couldn't find them.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank tiredinnj
agreene926, Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our Navesink wing rooms are built perpendicular to the river, allowing some rooms to have partial views of the river and others to face the pool or the hill into which we're built. Please accept my sincere apology for the location of your room. I also apologize that we were unable to move you to another room due to being fully committed with most guests already in-house. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best service and would have moved you to a room with a better view if one was available.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me over the phone, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Molly Pitcher Inn.

Regards,
Amy Greene
Rooms Division Manager
732-747-2500 ext 154
old bridge,new jersey
Reviewed March 23, 2011

To all the staff at the Molly Pitcher,

I just had my daughters bridal shower in the Navisink room at the Molly Pitcher Inn on Saturday, March 19th, 2011. Stayed overnight, Rooms were beautiful, had the best breakfast ever. From the beginning, it was so easy working with Shari in Catering and it ended up being the most successful party I ever had.

Christian and all the staff, from front desk, bell boy, wait staff, bar staff, bus boy to the head waiter, were unbelievable. They catered to my party like I was the only party or person in the hotel. The tea party menu and drinks that were served were also unbelievable. The view of the Navisink river and the patio added to the beautiul chandeliered room.The compliments and raves received by my guests was music to my ears. It made all of the hard work worthwhile. I would recommend the Molly Pitcher Inn for the hotel, food and staff.

Joanne Catalano

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The Molly Pitcher Inn looked to be a quaint, old fashioned inn on the river, perfect for a one night staycation for my boyfriend and I. I even requested a late checkout so that we could wake up at our leisure and relax a bit. We checked into our Navesink King around 7:30pm. The room was spacious. It had a closet and mirror with dressing table next to the bathroom that the website calls a "dressing area." The bed was turned down with cute little chocolates. The balcony overlooks the pool and the river. All in all the first impression was great.

However, beginning at about 8:30am on Sunday morning we were rudely awakened by the sound of what could only be described as a jackhammer. Lo and behold, 10 feet down the hall they are renovating this wing of the hotel and are taking a sledgehammer to the tiled flooring. Well, we attempted to sleep in a bit more but one really can't sleep through that kind of noise. We eventually got up and checked out.

At the front desk I spoke with the woman on duty. I asked if 1) was there another wing of the hotel NOT being renovated? to which she replied yes and then I asked 2) then why was I given a room in the part of the hotel being renovated, or at least not WARNED that the Navesink King (at $180/night) would be a poor choice and to expect demolition noise. She said she was sorry. And that "they were supposed to start at 11am check out time."

Regardless, there is a note on my room stating "late check out" and you should definitely inform your hotel patrons that they will be encountering something like this, even if the demolition isn't schedule to begin until 11am.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charity516
hotresmgr, Reservation Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
On behalf of the staff of the Molly Pitcher Inn I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us.

Customer satisfaction is and always has been our number one goal. During your stay we had outside contractors on the premises making repairs and the communication was not handled properly.

We would like the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me directly to arrange your next stay.

Linda Wolffe
Reservation Manager
Molly Pitcher Inn & Oyster Point Hotel
Maryland
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Smallest room I've ever stayed in. It was a tiny closet not a hotel room.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank oldcar10
Marsovie, Guest Relations Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, December 25, 2010
I am sorry to hear that you did not totally enjoy your stay with us. Please be aware that we do have different types of accommodations based on the type of room that you book, ranging from the European-sized rooms in the oldest part of the building to the larger rooms in the newer Navesink wing. We look forward to welcoming you back. Happy holidays!
New Jersey
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We found this hotel to be without fault. The food, service, room, all were more than we expected. No cell phones or clanging dishes here, just quiet elegance. Please remember that any good hotel will have its problems "in season or on holidays" when they are on overload, but during normal times, this place cannot be beat. Great for romantic getaway. Remember, gentlemen require coats for dinner. Short walk into lovely town of Redbank, especially to a show at the Count Basie Theater.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Marsovie, Guest Relations Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you for your amazing review on Trip Advisor. The Molly Pitcher Inn with its “old world” elegance and its attentive staff contributes in making Red Bank, NJ a very lovely and exciting place indeed. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. Enjoy the holidays and hope to see you soon.
Ocean twp, nj
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband and I attended the Molly Pitcher Inn for fireworks and food on the Fourth of July. When we arrived, we were told they were going to stop serving food 1 hour early, so we had better hurry up and get our food. All that was left were some overcooked shrimp and macaroni and potato salad swimming in rancid mayonase. We then get broken plastic chairs to sit outside on. Not to mention, it took over 30 mins. to find parking. The staff was not friendly at all. I then tried to contact a manager at the Molly Pitcher 3 times, never received a call back. I guess they don't care, and it is very obvious. This was definately not worth $80 a head.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisag46
Marsovie, Guest Relations Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
On behalf of the Management team at The Molly Pitcher Inn, I would like to thank you for your review on Trip Adviser.

We are very proud of our Fourth of July celebration and are very surprised to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We appreciate your feedback and please rest assured that we will take the necessary steps to ensure that issues such as you have mentioned do not happen in the future.

Again thank you you for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Guest Services to make sure that your next visit is an enjoyable one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bank
Blue Bay Inn
Blue Bay Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown

Been to Molly Pitcher Inn? Share your experiences!