“crazy manager”

Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I coordinated a breakfast the day after my wedding for my overnight guests. I made it clear that there would be 45 guests for breakfast and I was told that I would be given a room that was supposed to seat 40 at one time and that there would be enough food for 45 people. In reality the room only seated 32 comfortably. There were too many seats at each table and people could not fit with their plates. As people were getting up and leaving, their plates remained on the tables preventing other guests from sitting. I bused tables and cleared plates continuously to make sure that my guests could be seated and that they were comfortable. The servers stopped in occasionally but not enough to clear the plates to accommodate my guests.
When the breakfast was over I went to pay the bill and asked to speak to the manager. I informed the manager that I felt the service was inadequate and that the room was unable to accommodate 45 people with the service that was provided. The first statement that she made to me was that she was not going to take anything off of the bill. I explained to her that I was not expecting a discount and that I was just informing her because she should know how I felt so that she could manage her facility appropriately. She became angry with me and told me that she was going to charge me for 60 people instead of the 45 on my contract because there was no way that the 3 servers were unable to accommodate our group along with the group next door so ineffectively. When I told her my contract stated that I would be provided enough seating and food for 45 people and that I would not pay for 60 people she began to interrupt me and yell at me in the lobby in front of my guests, husband, other hotel guests and hotel employees. I told her that I was willing to pay for what was in my contract and nothing more and she called the cops on me. She was rude, argumentative, defensive and unaccommodating to me or my party. I am terribly disgusted with my treatment at this facility. After screaming at me, embarrassing me, interrupting me, threating me and calling the police on me she agreed to charge me for what was in my contract. I have never been so poorly treated especially with my contract in hand trying to explain to her what was agreed upon on and how I felt the service was lacking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Donna I M
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past. However, just recently I went to the hotel to see its’ new design, the new rooms, and to discuss blocking off rooms for my wedding next year. I was impressed with the improvements! Stephanie at the Front Desk was so nice and helpful! Not only did she have all of the answers for us, but she showed us around. In addition, she gave me wonderful wedding advice as far as shuttles and many other things since she knew some great deals from her first hand experience. She made my family and I feel at home. We will be calling back soon to block off rooms there for my wedding. The new Bistro part of the hotel is great and they offer it open later for an additional price if guests are returning from a wedding. Stephanie really went above and beyond and we can't wait to book our rooms with her!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear K Z,

Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent tour of Courtyard by Marriott Lincroft/ Red Bank. We are thrilled that you found our location and amenities everything that you expected and that Stephanie was able to answer all of your questions. We look forward to hosting your friends and family for your upcoming wedding.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here while visiting friends over a weekend in July. The hotel is pleasant, especially the inner courtyard where there are clusters of tables and chairs set up. The staff are friendly. The room was adequate. The a/c was effective and not too noisy. The cafe was pricey and not that tasty, which is unfortunate because there is nothing else within walking distance of the hotel. It was convenient to have the laundry room.

Room Tip: First floor seemed stuffy, but the second floor was very cool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cola_smith
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

cola_smith,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay of Courtyard by Marriott Lincroft/ Red Bank. We are happy that you found the staff friendly and you enjoyed the Courtyard Area and you found the room adequate for your needs. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the food offerings in our Bistro. We do change the menu four times a year to try and offer a variety of items to appeal to our guests. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Excellent service great people very accomodating, management is helpful. Front Desk Staff are a great bunch. Even during renovation the staff were positive and helpful and would do all they could to accomodate all staff. YET, they were honest and upfront on the ststus of room availability and would make calls to other hotels to make sure everyone had a place to stay.

Fred Herman Federal Government Traveler

Room Tip: Rooms were just renovated, very nicely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Fred H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Lincroft/ Red Bank. We are thrilled that you found our location and amenities everything that you expected and we are happy that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Checked into the Courtyard on July 4. Receptionist, named Stephanie, could not have been nicer.We were early and she was able to accomodate us.She also offered good suggestions on where to eat and best beach to go to.This was really helpful.
Thank you Stehanie.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to ice machine. It is noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank choosy46446

choosy46446,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Lincroft/ Red Bank. We are thrilled that you found our location and amenities everything that you expected and we are happy that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning Stephanie! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had booked this hotel 3 months ago specifically because it had a nice pool and hot tub for the family. I just logged onto the website to show my husband the amenities and found no photos of the pool ( even thought the web site still references indoor pool/hot tub). I phoned the hotel directly only to find out that BOTH the pool and hot tub are out of service for 2 more weeks. I looked in other recent trip advisor reviews & I see that they have been out of order for several months now. Really Marriott!!!! That's poor customer service. I cancelled my reservation and had to scramble to find a hotel with a pool just 1 week before our trip. :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nancyandstu
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel was spotless and the lobby was airy and welcoming. Charles gave us one of the nicest, friendliest, most informative check-in experiences we've ever had. All of the staff was equally as lovely. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfy and cozy. The room was quite spacious and came with everything one would need. The in-room wifi worked well. We even had a balcony with a table and two chairs that overlooked the courtyard. We didn't get a chance to use it, but it's a nice touch for the summer. Having a bistro with healthy options was such a nice treat. It was great to be able to take a cup of strawberries to go for a quick breakfast. The hotel is right off of the Garden State Parkway and is just minutes from Red Bank, Keyport and Sandy Hook.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore

Been to Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank? Share your experiences!