“good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Marlborough, ct
“good place to stay”
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Fairly nice hotel. Near Garden State Parkway, in an office park area, so it's not especially scenic. It's a short drive from downtown Red Bank, but definitely not within walking distance.

Room was large, with a nice balcony. Bed was comfortable with nice sheets and pillows. A plus for me was that I could request a feather free room becuase of allergies. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they looked clean and were very popular. Negatives were that there was a lot of noise and door slamming from nearby rooms and hallways, especially in the morning.

• Liked — fether free room
  • Disliked — noisy door slamming in morning
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
CT
Reviewed January 30, 2008

A reputable travel agent booked a room for me at this hotel in January 2008. It was guaranteed for late arrival with a credit card, and I received a confirmation number. When I arrived at 11 p.m., there were no rooms available. The fact that I had a confirmation number and was a Marriott Rewards member did not matter.

I was given directions to another one of their hotels 4 exits away. This was a huge inconvenience, as I was on a business trip with colleagues, all of whom had rooms at the hotel.

Tip: If you do plan to stay at this hotel, I would suggest calling on the day of your reservation to make sure you still have one. Also, try to arrive early so you are not the one left without a room.

Stayed January 2008
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2007

I was in town for a college Buddies wedding in nearby Middletown, NJ. Unsure of where to stay, I consulted the internet and ended up on TripAdvisor.com I read the reviews and figured I would try the Marriot.com website and book. They had a GREAT rate compared to other hotels in the area. I must say, once arriving for check-in, I was able to confirm that the good reviews are indeed true and correct.

I had a great stay, even though I was not at the hotel much. I would have loved to have gone into the hot tub, as it was awesome hot tub weather (35 degrees out), but didn't get around to it. I did get back to the hotel early one night, and conversed with the Front Desk Agent, who was nice, cordial and defintiely filled my time as I was bored most of the evenings I was there. She offered great directions to some nearby bars and what not, as I was not too familiar with the area, and they did not have as many things to do or see as Orlando (my homtetown) does.

All in all the town itself, not too exciting. The hotel was nice and served as a great home away from home. IT was clean, updated, and a GREAT value. The rate online at the marriot website for the time needed was the same as the Marriot Friends and Family Rate I would have used.

GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN THE AREA!

• Liked — The Staff, The cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not too exciting of a town.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Tyler P
North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2007

I grew up in the area and know well there aren't many choices, so if you have a car and know your way around, The Courtyard is far better choice than the Molly Pitcher. Why? The rooms are bigger (much bigger!) and the prices are competitive. Also, the staff there could not have been nicer! The breakfast is a good deal too.

• Liked — Nice rooms, great staff, lovely outdoor seating area
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JG166
massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We recently spent a weekend at The Courtyard Marriott in
Lincroft. Our rooms were very clean, and the hotel was nice and quiet. They served a great breakfast buffet, and the staff was always pleasant and curteous. We arrived at the breakfast buffet at 10 am, and the chef was still bringing out fresh eggs. We would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Very clean and quiet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend... front desk staff was pleasant. Got a room on a high floor, which we requested...very quiet hotel... clean... large bathroom with separate sink area....close to attractions in Red Bank, NJ and the Sea Bright area! Great hotel for the money!!!

• Liked — Location was nice and quiet - off the main highway, but not far
  • Disliked — no lounge or food other than breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kiernan N, General Manager at Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank You for staying with us and posting a review.

Warm Regards,
Kiernan Newman
Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2007

I was forced to stay at this hotel due to a power outage at my house during the ice storm. It was simply too cold to be in my house and needed a nice warm room to stay the night (or two). After checking around, I found that many hotels were booked near my house, so I decided on the Courtyard Marriott Red Bank/Lincroft. It is only about 3 minutes from my house and I booked it with the breakfast buffet. After booking early in the morning, I decided on going there early to check in. Check in was at 3, however, I got my room early at about 12 noon. The front desk staff was very kind and efficient, especially B. Shannon. After entering my room, I saw the size and conveniences and was amazed. It had the norms, but with a balcony (all rooms - didn't use because it was winter), closet, and a desk that could be converted into two. There was also free internet access (wireless in lobby and wired in rooms) which was a total plus because I had my laptop. The lobby featured a business area with a laptop and some desks for laptop or writing and a coffee bar (with coffee, tea, and hot cocoa). The lobby had huge seating areas with couches, tables, and seats, along with a fireplace and a big television. You could sit and chat or have you laptop while you sit in complete comfort. The excellent breakfast (extra charge included in room price or you can have it separate) was huge with scrambled eggs, bagels muffins and doughnuts, bacon and sausage, fruit, juice, waffles, and various other items. Its like you are eating at a restaurant. Also, they know you by your last name so if you happen to call the front desk or pass by, they say hi Mr./Mrs. Whatever. It's things like that that make you feel at home. The decor of the hotel and rooms is upscale and very nice. This hotel features a fitness center (with the standard TV and water cooler along with a treadmill, stair machine, bicycle, and running machine. It also features an indoor pool (which I didn't visit) and a courtyard (hence the name) which interior rooms open to (Courtyard Rooms). Overall, this stay was very unexpected, however, made me feel right at home with their hospitality and excellent hotel. I would recommend this to anybody, but especially people who want a restaurant breakfast, great room, and great hospitality.

Stayed February 2007
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank? Share your experiences!